If you are the next Student Ministries Pastor at Existence Church, you will be responsible for building, leading, and developing the High School & Middle School ministries at Existence Church.
- You are passionate about students discovering Jesus, connecting in community, and making a difference.
- You love to envision adults of all ages and stages about why the next generation needs them.
- You see partnering with parents as a crucial strategy for the spiritual formation of students.
- You understand student culture and can translate the needs of the future into practices of the present.
- You are focused on recruiting, developing, empowering, and encouraging student leaders and volunteers, pursuing new students, as well as providing a bridge for their parents and family members to connect with the church.
- You are a culture-shaper, bringing life and energy into every room you walk into.
Important Leadership Characteristics//
- Spiritual Gifts: Leading, Teaching, Shepherding, Evangelism
- Fully agrees with our vision of “Empowering All People to Love and Follow Jesus.”
- Proven track record of leading and growing a successful Student Ministry
- Humble and hungry for growth and development
- Primary Teacher/Communicator – Desires to work with a teaching team & develop other communicators
- A lifestyle of Evangelism and Discipleship
- Provides vision for future as well as growth strategies
- Ability to manage a multi-departmental team and budget
Location + Opportunity//
Existence Church is a church of 200 adults and 100 kids, located in the community of Rancho Bernardo in North County San Diego. We have modern music, a great facility, and a healthy budget.
San Diego is the seventh largest city in the US and is affectionately known as “America’s Finest City.” The population of San Diego is 1.3 million with over 3 million residing in the county. San Diego is an amazing city full of dreamers, innovators, and entrepreneurs from all across the country. The city is one of the most desired places to live not just in the US, but San Diego is regularly listed as one of the nation’s leading cities with the least amount of people engaged in a local church. An estimated 850,000 people in San Diego are not a part of a church, and over 10,000 middle school and high school students are within 15 minutes of our location, who have no connection to a local church. The need and the opportunity are great!
Job Type: Full Time/Pastoral