- Models a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Holds an undergraduate degree and seminary or equivalent training preferred
- Has experience successfully leading or assisting student ministry in a medium to large size church or youth organization
- Possesses a passion, excitement and energy for youth ministry that focuses on discipleship, mission, and community development
- Ascribes to the theological convictions in the Apostle’s Creed and familiarity with the Wesleyan theological heritage held by the United Methodist Church
Focus on the People
- Internally: Invest relationally in CCC students, parents, and volunteers of middle and high school ministries
- Externally: Develop the established partnership with the students and staff of A.C. Reynolds Middle and High School and explore and establish meaningful community partnerships
- Provide pastoral care to all students and their families during times of need.
- Provide pastoral assimilation to new students and families at Covenant Community Church.
Focus on the Team(s)
- Recruit, select, lead, and train adult volunteers for student ministry.
- Coordinate with the Student Ministry Leadership Team to set, plan, and accomplish annual goals consistent with the church’s vision.
- Routine celebration of the student ministry team.
- Identify and train students for service in student, churchwide, and community leadership roles.
- Collaborate and communicate with staff and parents/guardians
- Sunday morning worship service responsibilities as needed
Focus on the Systems
- Lead, coordinate, and direct programming for middle and high school students, which includes but is not limited to teaching, worship, youth small groups and service opportunities. Programming should be designed with a keen awareness of the unique developmental differences that exist between middle and high school students
- Design and implement worship services, connection and spiritual growth opportunities for middle and high school students in the church and the Greater Asheville community
- Coordinate training of and ensure compliance with the Safe Sanctuary policies and procedures for all volunteers serving in youth ministry
- Coordinate budget preparation and administration for the assigned program ministries of the church
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Covenant Community Church
United Methodist Church
11 Rocket Drive Asheville, NC 28803
July 27, 2022