Anchor Student Ministries Director Job Description:
We are looking for a committed leader who is passionate about serving the students and families of Anchor Church. This person will have experience in a vibrant youth ministry in a paid or volunteer capacity and be willing to step into an environment that is growing and changing every day. Anchor’s students are a vital part of our family and we want someone who feels honored not just to lead them, but also to learn from them.
Currently this role is for 20-25 hours/week.
This position reports to the Executive Pastor.
- Oversee all programming for middle school and high school students and ensure all activities support the mission of Anchor
- Communicate clearly and consistently with parents of Anchor Students
- Recruit, train, and support all Anchor Students volunteers on various teams (teaching, care, planning, gathering)
- Report on Anchor Students happenings and statistics at bi-weekly staff meetings and through various reporting structures identified by church leadership
- This includes being present for the entirety of bi-weekly staff meetings (Mondays at 2P)
- Ensure Anchor Students has a visible leadership presence at Sunday morning gatherings (online presence during COVID)
- In consultation with senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for Anchor Students and operate within the constraints of that budget
- Plan and oversee special events related to students (e.g. summer camp, retreats, invite nights, etc…)
- Participate in various church staff events and duties as required
- Create and implement a plan for student care
- Collaborate with Anchor Kids Pastor to ensure a holistic approach to next gen ministry at Anchor
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christian & Missionary Alliance
2401 S. Orchard St, Tacoma, WA 98466
May 12, 2020