Student Ministries Director
Bethany CRC’s Mission:
Bethany CRC is intentionally structuring its life together to assist one another in fulfilling our commitment to transforming lives and communities through the purposes of Christ’s church:
- Magnifying God (Worship)
- Membership in Christ’s Church (Fellowship)
- Maturity in Christ (Discipleship)
- Ministry to others (Service)
- Mission in the world (Witness)
Student Ministries Position Objective
The Director is responsible for all aspects of middle school and high school ministries in harmony with Bethany’s purposes.
The Student Ministries Director serves Christ through Bethany Church by partnering with leaders, parents, and students to make more and better disciples who are authentically living and loving like Jesus.
- Identify, Attract, Lead, and Develop Leaders and Teams
- Build relationships with those who share a passion to reach students with the gospel
- Continually equip volunteers to lead programs, ministry teams, and small groups
- Director is not to just do ministry to/with students, but gather others to do the same
- Connect with Students (starting with 70 on our contacts list)
- Visit schools, athletic events, concerts, chapel services and other important events that students are involved in with a minimum of twice monthly for both middle and high school students
- Available for counseling, prayer and spiritual encouragement for all students
- Be in contact with in-active or less-than-active students of Bethany
- Have posted office hours weekly
- Equip students
- Teach the Word to give biblical understanding and life application of the gospel
- Challenge students to live and practice their faith at home, school, work, church
- Identify the ministry passions and spiritual gifts of students and possible ministry roles
- Identify and train prospective youth leaders in community development and youth ministry through an Internship Program
- Communicate with Church, Staff, Council, Parents, and Students
- Weekly bulletin announcements, Website updated monthly
- Quarterly calendars/newsletters to keep students/parents/church regularly informed about trips, retreats and special events
- Create brochures/flyers for special events, camps, retreats, service projects
- Make occasional presentations to the Council and congregation as requested
- Direct MS and HS Ministry Programs
- Sunday mornings & evenings, Wednesday evenings, weekly small groups, etc.
- Local service projects and mission experiences
- Winter and Summer camps, other seasonal retreats, youth conventions, special programs & fundraising events
- Relate to and coordinate with area churches in doing some combined events
- Create a balanced, annual long-range plan for topics, speakers, events, etc.
- Develop annual Youth Ministry budget and coordinate/monitor expenses
- Keep office and rooms orderly to provide a warm and inviting atmosphere
- Fully devoted to God and His Church and committed to expressing that devotion through prayer, worship, and obedience
- Maintains a vital, growing personal walk with God through Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit
- Walks with moral integrity to be above reproach in life and ministry
- Models faithful leadership and ministry effectiveness by being humble and teachable
- Pursues personal growth and ministry development opportunities, people, books, etc.
Gifts, Abilities, Experiences
- Demonstrated passion to reach MS and HS youth that do not know Jesus Christ
- Ability to meaningfully relate to a variety of people groups (church council, staff, parents and youth, congregation and community, and other ministry leaders/churches)
- Has at least two-years of student ministry leadership experience and effectiveness
- Completion of college/university desired
- Has an understanding and commitment to Reformed doctrine/theology
- Is, or will be, a professing member of Bethany CRC
- The Student Ministries Director is accountable to the Senior Pastor and will meet with the Senior Pastor and Personnel Team for annual reviews
Compensation & Employment Terms
- This is an exempt, salaried, full-time position (40+ hours per week)
- Compensation commensurate with experience, education and performance
- Position is eligible for Family Health Insurance Benefits and Housing/Allowance
- Three-weeks paid vacation to be used within each church year
Position is available now. Start date to be negotiated.
To Apply, email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of Introduction(one-page)
- Resume(ministry experiences, educational background, family relationships)
- What is your philosophy of ministry to students?
- If you were a super hero, what super power would you have, and why?
Bethany Christian Reformed Church
Christian Reformed Church in North America
17054 Bixby Ave., Bellflower, CA 90706
April 19, 2019