Student Ministries Director Job Description
Valley Church was planted in Allendale, MI back in 2010 and exists to help others live for God, for People, for a Change. This happens through worship (for God), through discipleship (for People), and through missions (for a Change).
Purpose: The purpose of the Student Ministries Director is to create, implement, grow, and oversee the culture, programs, and activities related to Student Ministries (6th-12th grade). This role is 20 hours/week and reports to the Lead and Associate Pastors. This position starts July 1, 2019.
- Planning, leading, and implementing weekly Unleashed gatherings
- Recruiting, developing, and pastoring Unleashed small group and ministry leaders to serve on Sunday nights and throughout the week
- Short-Term Event Planning (week by week happenings)
- Long Term Event Planning and Leadership (Mission Trips, Retreats, Lock-Ins, etc.)
- Attend monthly Staff Meetings
- Attend quarterly Lead Team Meetings
- Coordinate with pastors and Unleashed leaders
- Maintain a presence on Sunday mornings and at other pertinent events
- Welcoming and assimilating new families and students to Valley Church and Unleashed throughout the year
- Include and build up the inclusion of Students in volunteer roles on Sunday mornings and throughout the year
- Create and maintain Student Ministries Budget
- Maintain a presence with students and their families in a spiritual and leadership capacity
- Reliable transportation
- Basic computer and social media skills
- Graphic design skills are a plus
- 2-years minimum experience in Student Ministry is preferred
- High School Diploma; School work in a related field is preferred
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Valley Church at firstname.lastname@example.org before April 20, 2019.
United Methodist Church
5980 Lake Michigan Dr, Allendale, MI 49401
March 30, 2019