Please check out our website to get a feel for who we are, read the job description and if interested send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will be Rockhills first paid student ministry director. We are looking for someone with skills and vision to help create a great student ministry. Rockhills Church Student Ministry Director oversees all aspects of the Student Ministry to carry out the mission of Rockhills Church specifically for students (6th– 12th grades) to Love God, Love Others, help students find and follow Jesus. This works within our ministry leadership team and position reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Must be a born again Christian committed to God’s Word and the local church.
- Must be able to work well with staff, parents, and students.
- Must be a flexible and teachable team player.
- Must have experience within student ministry.
- Must possess great leadership, speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a passion for leading students, discipleship, and a willingness to invest time with students.
- Must be able to build, train, and coordinate with a volunteer team.
- Must be able to verbally communicate scripture and Biblical principles effectively through weekly teaching or small groups.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform high quality work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically while staying focused on the accomplishment of current departmental priorities.
- Able to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
- Perform all student ministries with at least two leaders for accountability and protection.
- Will be committed to the excellence, integrity, and health of Rockhills Church and the Word of God through your lifestyle and actions.
- Facilitate weekly student ministry, discipleship and fellowship.
- Supervise volunteers through recruitment, placement, communication, organization and training.
- Ensure that all volunteers have completed our background check and training.
- Facilitate students serving on ministry teams at Rockhills Church.
- Participate in and attend staff meetings.
- Participate in and attend church functions within the life and community of the church.
- Help plan and implement special events such as retreats, outreaches, summer camps, etc.
- Manage and oversee student ministry budget.
- Provide care and communication with students and families in an appropriate way.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a part time position.
- Work can ideally be done within 10-15 hours per week (special events and holidays will require extra hours.)
- Approximately 40% Weekly student groups, 40% student/parent connections, 20% church staff coordination & ministry planning.
May 31, 2018