The Youth Minister is to develop and implement a comprehensive ministry to youth (grades 7-12).
- Provide vision and overall direction for high school and middle school ministries.
- Lead and participate in FCA and other Devotions, as well as attending school events to interact with the youth.
- Develop strong small group ministry (Sunday School/Grow Groups) for students with focus on increasing enrollment, starting new groups and formulating system for ministry within each group (Will work w/Education Minister in these areas)
- Maintain full, purposeful and balanced activity calendar (events, trips, missions, etc).
- Serve as primary teacher for weekly youth worship gatherings.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and supervise leaders as needed.
- Shepherding youth group attendees, directly and indirectly.
- Work closely with Senior Pastor, Children’s Minister/Education Minister & Worship Pastor to develop a strategic ministry for children, youth, and parents.
- Actively share the gospel with youth and lead others to do the same.
- Work cooperatively and in partnership with church staff, committees/teams, and members of LOBC.
- Assist Senior Pastor when needed. (Being able to fill pulpit, visitation, etc)
- In order to fulfill these responsibilities, the Youth Minister must commit to:
Properly maintain a personal walk with the Lord through Bible study, prayer and accountability.
- Spend appropriate time with family and to maintain high moral and ethical standards.
- Give to the ministry of LOBC through tithes and offerings.
- Minister within the theological framework of the Baptist Faith and Message (2000)
Salary and benefits will be determined by the Personnel Committee and budgeted for by the church based on the minister’s education and experience in ministry. Vacation, sick and conference leave will be provided according to the personnel policy of the church.
- Must be currently serving full-time in youth ministry at the present time.
- Must have at least three years’ experience.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check.
- Abide by the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message doctrinal beliefs
Email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Oak Baptist Church
Southern Baptist Convention
35603 Coxe Ave Denham Springs, LA 70706
December 12, 2017