The Student Minister will be the primary leader of Student Ministry at the Lakeside Park Campus. Their sphere of oversight will consist of both Middle School (MSM) and High School (HSM) Ministries while their sphere of influence will stretch campus-wide as a member of the Lakeside Park campus team. As a member of the Lakeside Park campus team, the Student Minister is expected to encourage, celebrate and strategically collaborate with all other Lakeside Park ministries and staff. As a member of the staff of Lakeside Christian Church, the Student Minister is expected to embody Lakeside’s mission and values at all times.
The Student Minister will be entrusted with the decentralized oversight and leadership of student ministry at the Lakeside Park Campus. This consists of all Middle School (MSM) and High School (HSM) programming and events. The Student Minister is expected to serve as the primary teacher, visionary and facilitator of Student Ministry within these environments. The Student Minister will collaborate with the Student Team to plan and execute all centralized Student Ministry trips and initiatives. The Student Minister will serve in a support role to the Campus Pastor on Sunday mornings and assist with pastoral needs when necessary (baptisms, prayer room, etc). Additionally, the Student Minister may be asked to serve as the campus lead on a Sunday morning when the Campus Pastor is not present or available.
- See the Big Picture: Looks at opportunities, situations, and problems from the perspective of the whole church. Understands and communicates how their ministry fits in the whole.
- Shepherd/Pastor Others: Cares for the others physical, spiritual, and emotional needs and disciples others to become more like Christ.
- Build Relationships: Builds relationship networks both in and outside their ministry team. Naturally builds rapport and trust with people.
- Manage Conflict: Identifies and Biblically handles conflict in a sensitive, fair and direct way resulting in productive restoration.
- Cast Vision and Purpose: Communicates a compelling vision that inspires others to respond. Regularly will tie tasks, activities, and conversations to the big picture and purpose of the ministry.
- Innovate and Create: Develops new ideas, material, or opportunities for the ministry to be successful. Knows when a new approach is needed.
Required Education, Experience, and Membership:
- Full Membership within Lakeside Christian Church (including alignment with Lakeside’s values and beliefs)
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or comparable experience in that field)
- Able and confident teacher/preacher of scripture.
- Experience building and leading volunteer teams.
- Experience building and executing student ministry events.
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- Multi-site church experience
- Organizational and communication skills
- Experience with managing ministry budgets
- Ability and willingness to partner with parents
***Nothing in this job description restricts church’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Interested? Go to lakeside.org/jointheteam to apply.
Lakeside Christian Church
195 Buttermilk Pk. Lakeside Park, KY 41017
April 11, 2019