Young Life’s Staff Associate role requires a dynamic, vibrant personality that will lead Young Life ministries in area schools. This person is a self-starter with a high sense of drive and a missional mindset. They love the Lord and have a growing spiritual life outside of the ministry. This person possesses the perseverance to ask, inspire, and motivate volunteers and kids in the ministry. They must be able to multitask and prioritize what is necessary for the ministry at any given time. We are looking for someone that is mature in their faith and looking to help others do the same. Able to excel at the bearing points of the ministry: Spiritual Growth, Ministry, Leadership, and Fundraising.
The staff associate will be responsible for continuing and growing relationships with community members and adults of Warrick County. This staff member will provide stability and leadership at a current WyldLife club and help oversee Wyldlife activities. The Newburgh community has regular club meetings that include two middle schools (Castle North and Castle South) and a current leader team. The staff would also help the expansion of our area’s ministry into Boonville Middle School. The staff member’s role on the team will be to set an example as a committed leader and coordinate this WyldLife team. They will also have a role in developing and discipling the senior leaders on the team. Looking for a three-year commitment, with the potential for a long-term role in the area.
- Focus on community growth in Warrick County.
- Participate in and lead dynamic direct ministry in the area (contact work, club, Campaigners, and camp).
- Candidate will be the team leader at the existing WyldLife ministry. He or she will take on additional responsibility in his or her second year.
- Work with the area director to support and develop leaders.
- This includes caring for, recruiting, developing and resourcing a wide leadership base that includes leaders in high school, college, career, and adulthood.
- Collaborate with the area director to carry out ministry at a high level of excellence.
- Complete Young Life Staff Associate training courses (New Staff Training, Leadership I, Leadership II, Winter Training, Apologetics).
- A healthy, growing, personal relationship with Christ and a willingness to be a part of a local church body.
- A passion for ministry to all kids and all abilities.
- Relational and leadership skills with both kids and adults.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with kids, volunteer leaders, parents, committee members, donors, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, while also being able to establish healthy personal boundaries.
- Willingness to live in the community.
- Supporting Young Life staff and volunteer team.
- College Degree
Young Life Newburgh 5088 S Plaza Dr Newburgh, IN 47630-3066
January 31, 2018