SENIOR HIGH STUDENT MINISTRY DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
STATUS: Part-time, Hourly
HOURS: 25-30 Hours per week (Dependent on Candidate)
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualification
About New Life Community Church:
New Life Community Church is a non-denominational church located in Gardner, a rapidly growing suburb of Kansas City. New Life is a church passionate about reaching the lost in simple and effective ways. Our mission statement is “Love God. Love People. Nothing else really matters.” NLCC is in the process of building a new 65,000 sq. ft. facility on a 12 acre campus and is look to hire leaders who can lead in the present and grow with us into the future.
At New Life Community Church (NLCC) the desire is to foster an open, collaborative working environment that engages staff and their unique spiritual gifts in the accomplishment of the mission of the church. NLCC’s staff is valued and considered to be the most important asset, provided by God, in the church’s ability to help people “Love God and Love People.”
The Senior High Director is an Administrative Staff position and reports to a direct report in the Ministry Staff for spiritual and ministry guidance.
The Primary Task:
Work with the Ministerial Staff and Middle School Director to execute and implement a comprehensive approach to Student Ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of Student Ministry to:
- Cultivate and communicate the overall vision and strategy of the student ministry that reflects the mission, vision, and core values of New Life Community Church.
- Disciple students into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments.
- Create attractive and compelling environments to which our youth can invite their non-Christian friends.
- Build and develop a team of passionate adult volunteers to help mentor and disciple the students.
- Teach students Biblical truth and practical application.
- Incorporate students into various church ministries through serving.
- Support and resource parents in the process of discipling their students.
- Equip students to share the Gospel with their friends.
- Collaborate with entire Next Gen Ministry to maintain a comprehensive continuity and culture throughout the student’s discipleship and into adult ministry
- Keep open, consistent, and clear communication with parents.
- Participate in conferences and training opportunities to stay current on youth culture and ministry trends.
- Assist in onboarding, recruiting, and training volunteers to serve in various aspects of student ministry.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to student ministries and outreach opportunities.
- Communicate with the students and parents in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, social media, texting, etc.).
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a strong teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that Student safety is a priority at all gatherings.
- Assist in planning and executing trips and special events for student ministry.
- Create, plan, and execute senior high services.
- Be the primary communicator for senior high services.
- Actively engage with students and parents during weekend service.
- Be an active participant in all weekend services.
- Uphold the character and conduct outlined in the New Life Community Church Staff Policy Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
These are some of the anchors of your weekly schedule that we would require your presence. Other times will flex around the candidate and future programing development:
- Attend the weekly staff meeting (currently Monday 8:30-12:30 but is flexible)
- Execute Senior High Services. Journey (9th-12th grade ministry) currently meets Wednesdays 6:30-8:30pm. (More than likely you will need to be present 1 hour before and after service to allow for preparation time and clean up.)
- Assist in Weekend Services (Sundays 7:00am-1pm, 5:30-7:30pm)
- 9-14 hours of prep time or new programing
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Agree and adhere to the theology and values of New Life Community Church and submit to the direction of the senior pastor, elders and other leadership of the church. http://newlifegardner.com/what-we-believe
- Must have a proven ability to work effectively with students, parents, and teams of volunteers. i.e. emotional and relationship intelligence
- Clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Experience in the area of student ministry is preferred.
- Must be coachable. Able to learn and adapt to the culture of New Life Community Church.
- Must be comfortable inviting feedback and living in a culture of critique.
- Able to work in a team environment of creativity and collaboration. No lone rangers.
- Low drama, high-momentum, high-capacity, positive, over-comer, dreamer, creative-can-do-whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good conflict management skills.
- Must be proficient with social media, and excellent computer skills.
- Other skills such as video editing, musical aptitude, graphic design (peripheral skills related to Student Ministry) appreciated but not required.
- Must submit to and pass a comprehensive background check.
Please send an email to New Life Community Church info@NewLifeGardner.com with the subject line “Senior High Director Application” with the following attachments:
- Your resumé
- A recent photo of you (and your family if you wish)
- Links to any relevant material (video, audio, references, portfolios, etc.)
New Life Community Church
17935 S. Moonlight Rd. Gardner, KS 66030
October 16, 2019