HILLCREST COVENANT CHURCH
Prairie Village, KS
This is a full time position
Hillcrest Covenant Church is a fifty five year old church family situated physically in a neighborhood of Prairie Village. We are a caring community that loves God and loves people. We are passionate about living devoted lives to God and one another with the purpose of reconciling all things to God. As we seek to honor God in our worship and teaching we expect growth within our Youth environment. We seek to provide a healthy environment for students and families to become more fully devoted follower of Christ.
We are looking for a High School Director to join our Next Gen Team. This person would to provide direct supervision for Youth 9th through 12th grade.
- Overall Vision and Direction of High School Ministry by working in alignment with the Pastor of NextGen Ministries, this person will be setting the course for the youth ministry and verifying alignment with the overall mission of the church.
- Understand the current cultural demographic of families we serve and incorporate best practices to help shape ministry to youth and their families
- Personally attain and maintain strong relationships with, students, parents and members of HCC family, and cultivate an environment of warm, welcoming, hospitable relationships in the ministry
- Cultivate a culture of ownership and community among volunteer leaders
- Understand the Orange philosophy and structure the High School Ministry in a way to promote the Orange model in both small groups, large groups and parent connections
- Recruit, train and develop volunteer leadership for High School Ministry, maintaining fully staffed small group with the majority leadership serving every week
- Ensure the safety and security of youth in our care through the active engagement, verification and training of volunteer leaders
- Mobilize the youth by creating leadership opportunities and ownership of ministry and within the broader church
- Oversee all youth curriculum implementation physically, visually, relationally, and spiritually
- Teaching and Discipleship, planning yearly teaching, regularly teaching in large groups, and scheduling others to teach to the youth
- Develop a worship team to effectively engage youth in worship
- Plan, promote and oversee mission trips
- Schedule leaders and maintain staffing through Planning Center
- Demonstrate effective leadership in the management while maintaining a healthy balance between people and task completion with a strong aptitude for delegation
- Consult with Next Gen Pastor regarding High School Ministry budgetary needs and overseeing youth budget
- Demonstrate forward thinking towards next steps for the High School Ministry, further developing curriculum, youth group environment, and parent resourcing.
- Encourage and support the Next Gen model
- Upon completion of training, additional responsibilities will be added within the broader scope of High School Director
- Passion to see the Next Generation of Student following Jesus
- Experience recruiting, training, leading and mentoring both direct reports and volunteers, ideally in youth ministry
- Proven history of building a strong healthy structure for committed successful volunteer teams
- Character-based relational and organizational leadership
- Commitment to the Next Gen Model
- Strong organization skills
- Aptitude for multi-tasking and delegation
- Computer/Technical Skills: Proficient with MS Office Suite; ability to quickly learn new software is a must
- Christ-honoring Character – Demonstrate character traits such as humility, gratitude, integrity, honesty, wholeness, and courage. Display overall wisdom and maturity in life; have a stable and healthy personal life
If this opportunity is of interest and you meet the stated requirements, please forward the following:
- Current resume detailing your experience relevant to this role
- Cover letter with summary of experience and response to the following questions:
- What motivated you to consider this role?
- What is your interest in leaving your current position and/or why are you seeking a new opportunity?
- What specific gifts and strengths would you bring to HCC?
- 3-5 professional references (people you have reported to and/or worked closely with)
For consideration, please email the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “HCC High School Director” in the subject line. Your information will be reviewed, and if your experience matches our needs you will be contacted to discuss next steps.
Hillcrest Covenant Church
Evangelical Covenant Church
8801 Nall Ave
October 19, 2020