We are looking for individuals and families who are strong followers of Jesus Christ and want to make a difference in the life of struggling teens.
Located in the Dominican Republic, Caribbean Mountain Academy exists to bring lasting home to families. CMA gives these families a chance to let their youths to step away for a time and find a fresh perspective. They experience a new culture, build confidence by hiking mountains, travel to waterfalls, and visit beautiful Caribbean beaches.
While they are having these new experiences, they are also working on their relationships with their families through counseling.
We are looking for a counselor to prayerfully consider joining our team and letting the Lord use him or her to help change the lives of the youth and their families.
A counselor at CMA will provide therapeutic services for Crosswinds Caribbean Mountain Academy residential program while demonstrating a consistent pursuit of God.
Some of the responsibilities of a counselor include the following:
- Provide structured, goal-oriented, time-limited therapy with individuals and their families.
- Engage and assist the family’s participation in the treatment planning process.
- Facilitate competent counseling services from a faith-based perspective.
- Visit with clients and their families via phone, VSee, and in person as scheduled with them.
- Provide emergency and crisis consultation on a 24-hour basis.
- Completion of clear, accurate documentation of 1) all contacts with clients, 2) monthly reports, 3) treatment plans, and 4) court reports (as needed).
- Complete all clinical and agency paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrate respect, religious and cultural sensitivity to all clients and to all referral sources.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times to protect clients’ privacy.
- Comply with required in-service / continuing education hours as outlined in policy manual.
- Attain/maintain CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Engage in weekly staffing and address risk management areas to ensure safety.
- Ensure that services are provided Effectively, Efficiently, and with Evidence for each case.
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or marriage and family therapy.
- Be a licensed clinical or be pursuing a professional license (LMHC, LMFT, LCSW).
- Belief in the family preservation philosophy.
- Understanding of integrating the Christian faith in counseling of clients.
- Knowledge of family of origin / inter-generational issues.
- Knowledge of child and adult development and child abuse and neglect.
- Knowledge of community resources.
How To Apply
If you have questions or want to follow up, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, copy and paste the following link into your browser (or use the email above):
Crosswinds - Caribbean Mountain Academy
July 8, 2021