Alliance Church of the valley is Growing a Community, Rooted in Christ in northwestern Wisconsin. We are part of an association of churches known as the Christian and Missionary Alliance with a focus on local and international ministry. We are a congregation of about 300 located about an hour north of the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN metro area. Our student ministry consists of 80-00 middle and high school students. We are seeking a new Pastor of Student Ministries who will continue to lead our vibrant Student Ministry.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Biblical, Theological, or Pastoral Studies
- Minimum of 3 years full-time ministry experience preferred, but not required
- Commitment to pursue licensing and ordination with the C&MA if not already obtained
- Worship Leading skills preferred but not required
- Teaching – the Pastor of Student Ministries must be able to communicate God’s Word in an accurate and articulate way. He will have the opportunity to teach during student programming as well as on Sunday mornings.
- Recruit/Train/Retain Volunteers – the Pastor of Student Ministries must be able to recruit, train and retrain volunteer leadership team of both students and adults.
- Organization and Administration –the Pastor of Student Ministries be passionate about creating and maintaining systems for helping ministry run smoothly. Weekly/monthly event planning and programming is a large part of this job.
- Relationship Building – the Pastor of Student Ministries must be passionate about building and growing relationship with students and families. We believe that ministry and discipleship happens best through the context of relationships.
- Possesses 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 character
- Leads and serves his family
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Displays strong organizational skills
- Student Ministries
- Plans and executes each mid-week ministry gathering which may include corporate worship, preaching, small groups, etc.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the Sunday School classes for middle and high school students.
- Provide pastoral care to students, parents and adult volunteers in the ministry.
- Organizes and implements special events (e.g. retreats, conferences, missions trips, etc.)
- General Pastoral Care
- Provides pastoral care to the broader congregation as needed or requested.
- Officiates weddings and funerals as needed or requested.
- Opportunities will be given to preach during Sunday morning worship services as determined by the Lead Pastor.
- Worship (if applicable)
- Provide leadership to our Sunday Morning Worship Ministry
- Oversee, recruit and train our worship teams
- Please read carefully The Christian and Missionary Alliance Statement of Faith.
- Please submit an updated resume with cover letter explaining your interest in this position.
- Please include a video or audio recording of a recent message you’ve given to students (video preferred)
- If you have taken any of the following within the past two years, please include any and all with your resume and cover letter: Enneagram, Myers-Briggs.
- All materials can be submitted to: email@example.com
Alliance Church of the Valley
Christian & Missionary Alliance
1259 State Road 35, Saint Croix Falls, WI 54024
October 9, 2019