Position: Pastor of Student Ministries
Status: Full Time
Role: The Pastor of Student Ministry will be a man who assists in carrying out the mission of the church to make more and better disciples by the Gospel for the glory of God. Specifically, they work to carry out that mission in the way they lead the student ministry and in any other ways that they become involved in the ministry of the church.
- is in complete agreement with and is excited about the beliefs, mission statement, and core values of Journey Christian Church (see journeyontheweb.org) (note the we are Reformed and Complementarian)
- believes that the greatest need of every student is to be saved by Jesus Christ and that the greatest goal of the youth ministry is to make more and better disciples among the students.
- has a passion for teaching scripture in a way that is Biblically correct, clear and compelling.
- has a love for youth and a passion for youth to come to know Christ and grow in their relationship with Christ
- Values integrating the student ministry in the overall ministry of the local church.
- is gifted in forming, casting and executing vision for the youth ministry.
- is committed to developing and working with and through volunteer leaders
- is committed to working with parents as part of the ministry of students
- is humble, teachable, and always seeking to learn to serve Christ better
- has a bachelor’s or master’s degree in bible, theology, or ministry (or equivalent experience/education)
- has experience serving as a leader overseeing a ministry in a local church.
- meets the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- recruit, train, and oversee volunteer leaders (including monthly meeting with High School and Middle School Leaders)
- teaching (including Sunday school and Bible Study) and/or raising up designated teachers
- discipling/counseling- meeting with students individually or in small groups and/or raising up leaders to participate in this when appropriate.
- administration- planning, scheduling, and communication and/or raising up leaders to delegate some responsibilities to.
- missions- Summer servants (high school summer missions trip), JAM (middle school weekend missions trip) and Flower City Work Camp (spring break inner city outreach)
- socials- events for youth for building relationships within the group and reaching out to friends and/or raising up leaders to delegate some of these responsibilities to.
- Serve in worship services as directed by the lead pastor according to their gifting.
- directly reports to the Lead Pastor
- under the authority, direction and evaluation of the elders
How to Apply:
Submit your resume as a pdf or word doc file to…
After submitting your resume, we will be in touch quickly concerning how we will proceed with the process. Thank you.
Journey Christian Church
3955 Mount Read Blvd. Rochester, NY 14626
July 23, 2017