Job Title: Pastor of Student Ministries
Type & Date: Full Time (40 – 45 hours) / Effective Immediately
Reports to: Associate Lead Pastor
(Accountable to the Lead Pastor & Board of Elders)
CROSSPOINT COMMUNITY CHURCH:
Crosspoint Community Church is a missional, discipleship-focused, C&MA church located about halfway between Milwaukee and Madison. Driven by a passion for outreach, we strive to restore (UP), develop (IN), and release (OUT) people to collectively participate in God’s mission. Our community averages 500 people each weekend. We are continually growing, welcoming new people, and joining God’s work in our community. For more information, please visit our website (www.crosspointwi.com).
The Pastor of Student Ministries will work with the Associate Lead Pastor as a vision-caster, developer, and overseer for all student ministries and young adult ministries here at Crosspoint. While this individual will be responsible for all the programming of these ministries, a significant focus will be investing in students and leaders by equipping and coaching them to become reproducing disciples who pursue a growing relationship with Jesus (UP), live into community (IN), and join God’s work in the world (OUT).
This person will be a competent leader and team builder with strong relational skills. As a member of our pastoral team, this individual will also need to be willing to occasionally preach, teach, and fulfill other pastoral responsibilities when necessary. Possessing emotional maturity, a willingness to own up to mistakes, & a desire for collaboration with other departments is essential as a part of our staff team.
We believe students are not only the church of tomorrow but part of the church today. They need a web of Christ-centered people who care about them more than a flashy program to consume. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to create a fun yet safe environment where students will be vulnerable with what’s really happening in their lives and where they are on their faith journey.
Are you the right person for us?
- Are you growing in the character and competency of Jesus?
- Do you have a heart for reproducing disciples who can make disciples?
- Are you passionate about students coming to know Jesus personally and seeing their world through a Kingdom lens?
- Are you willing to set other people (small group leaders and parents) up for significant discipleship moments when possible?
- Do you care about helping students stay connected to Jesus and the church after they graduate your ministry?
- Are you willing to tolerate and even encourage uncomfortable conversations in order to help students process what’s really going on in their lives?
- Are you excited about equipping people to live into God’s mission?
- Are you able to lead from the front of the room and the back of the room?
- Are you wanting to shift from passive consumerism to active engagement?
- Are you an innovator, willing to try new things, fail and take risks?
- Are you a life-long learner who takes seriously personal growth and development?
- Are you able to embrace conflict as part of personal & relational transformation?
- Do you like to laugh and have fun while being productive?
1. Student Integration – Contribute to and collaborate with the broader church for meaningful, intentional, and mutual ways to connect students to the Church. Draw upon experience and research to help the church staff, leaders, and congregation understand the unique needs, challenges and strengths of Generation Z and Generation Alpha
2. Weekend Programming – Be responsible for the logistical execution of our middle school Bible study.
3. Mid-week Programming – Oversee our mid-week small groups for students on Wednesday nights. This includes providing curriculum, planning fun games, teaching and coordinating service opportunities.
4. Special Events – Collaborate with other staff to lead our interactive and family-oriented holiday services (Jingle Jam & Easter Jam) and community partnership events (Kids Fest & Moonlit Movies). Work with Associate Lead Pastor in the planning and execution of retreats, conferences, missions trips and outreach events.
5. Leadership Development – Help develop and equip our team of student ministry leaders and other key leaders / volunteers by providing further training for their current positions of leadership and investment in their personal growth. This also includes recruiting new leaders and providing opportunities for students and other people to serve in student ministry.
6. Preaching & Teaching – Be one of the primary speakers at student events and occasionally preach at our adult weekend services if necessary (1 – 2x / year)
7. Student Connection – Meet regularly with students (at least 1 – 2x / week), attend student events (approximately 1/week during the school year), follow up with new students within the week, and make sure absent students are followed up with by someone.
8. Young Adults – Help lead and shape the newly created Young Adults ministry with the Associate Lead Pastor
9. Pastoral Duties – Engage in pastoral duties such as officiating at weddings and funerals, counseling, hospital visitations, etc.
10. Ministry Budget – Work with the Associate Lead Pastor to create and manage the student ministry budget.
11. Communication – Regularly communicate with parents through the weekly newsletter, periodic parent surveys, and a yearly parent meeting. Communicate openly with the Associate Lead Pastor about any challenges, roadblocks, and safety issues concerning students or leaders. Small group leaders each week should know what’s happening and what’s expected of them.
12. Church Collaboration – Depending on workload, skillset and church needs, other responsibilities might be added not currently in this job description. Any new responsibilities will be agreed upon by the Associate Lead Pastor and Pastor of Student Ministries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
- 2 years full-time ministry experience preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Crosspoint Community Church
Christian & Missionary Alliance
W380N6931 N Lake Road, Oconomowoc WI 53036
June 29, 2021