Title: Pastor/Director of Family Ministries
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Full Time Position
Compensation & Benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
Summary of Position
The Pastor of Family Ministries will oversee all ministry to kids, teenagers and their families. This person will be responsible for equipping our team of volunteers and parents to introduce the next generation to the life changing love of Jesus Christ. They will provide the vision, energy, oversight and direction to the kids and student ministries programs at Woodview Christian Church.
Areas of Responsibility
The Pastor of Family Ministries will oversee discipleship systems from birth to high school graduation. They will work closely with the Lead Pastor to ensure that parents are prepared to lead their children and that Woodview creates a culture that can facilitate spiritual growth at home.
Church Based Ministries
- Oversee relational, engaging ministries to children and teenagers (Sunday and/or Wednesday)
- Ensure that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development connects to the next
- Create a path for partnership between ministry leaders and parents
- Develop and expound a vision that leads to a focus on a practical application of Biblical knowledge through the relational interaction between the pastor, leaders, and students
- Lead trips when needed (mission trips, CIY MOVE, etc.)
- Develop and implement a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement
- Develop or provide resources that allow the parents to lead in their homes
- Be a champion for parents, providing coaching and support whenever needed
- Plan and implement (with help from other leaders) age appropriate events that not only appeal to family already connected to Woodview but also to those in the community
- With help from the Lead Pastor and Administrative Assistant, create a process for connecting with event visitors.
- Equip and challenge our students to think of themselves as missionaries in their schools.
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A teachable Spirit that is willing to make mistakes and learn from those mistakes
- Strong relationship skills
- A healthy balance of work and rest
- A team player who can delegate efficiently
- Self motivated and can work independently when it is needed
- Proven ability to recruit, develop, motivate, and lead volunteers
- In agreement with the doctrines and beliefs of Woodview Christian Church (www.woodview.cc/about-2/#our-beliefs-picture)
- Experience in the area of children, youth, and/or family ministry
- Degree in related field strongly recommended
- Ability to connect relationally with parents and students
- A passion to create an environment for spiritual growth in children, teenagers, and their families
- Strong leadership, organizational, and motivational skills
- A willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives
- Good teaching and communication skills
- Experience with budgets and tracking funds
To be considered for this position, submit a cover letter, resume, and any other optional documents/teaching videos to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be in contact with you shortly. Please also include your desired starting salary in the email.
Woodview Christian Church
3785 Woodview Ave Sw, Wyoming, MI
February 9, 2022