Council Tree Covenant Church is an intergenerational church centered on loving and becoming like Jesus. As a church we do all we can to keep faith simple and focused on the majors of loving God and neighbor as self. Now 38 years together the roughly 400 that call this network home desire to grow even broader in our diversity to better represent who God loves – everyone. Central to our aspiration is that our students, their parents and their friends, have someone to lead them in how to live in the world like Jesus did.
Council Tree Covenant Church is seeking a part-time Youth Director to join its Next Generation Ministry staff team. We imagine this leader to be highly relational, developer of others who can guide along the same lines, and administratively gifted. We have a small but active youth group of 30 middle school and high school students that meets on Wednesday evenings. If this is also your passion and a group you could see yourself immersed in please apply.
This person will have the opportunity to oversee and lead the student ministry, pastoring our students to be fully devoted followers of Jesus, uniting with Jesus in the renewal of all things.
- Connect Relationally with students
- Spiritually prepare the youth with a sense of clear Christian identity through an understanding of their own God-given gifts and talents.
- Participate monthly in community and/or school events involving youth connected with the Council Tree Covenant Church youth ministry.
- Plan and Direct Youth Ministry Programs
- Lead youth programs including Wednesday evenings, winter and summer camps, youth conventions, special programs, and fundraising events.
- Create an atmosphere of belonging and fellowship through these programs, in which emerging spiritual and leadership skills can be developed.
- Communicate with Students and Parents
- Articulate the vision and purpose of Council Tree Covenant Youth Ministry to the church body.
- Publicize all major events through weekly emails, monthly calendars and social media.
Initiative, leadership, ability to connect well with youth and volunteers, problem solving, patience. Commitment to grow as a disciple of Christ.
Calling and passion to see students developed into fully devoted followers of Christ.
Alignment with Evangelical Covenant Church theology and practice of ministry.
25 hours per week
Associate Pastor of the Next Generation
Beginning as soon as possible
Please send a cover letter that describes your fit for this role as well as a resume, and relevant information to email@example.com
Council Tree Covenant Church
Evangelical Covenant Church
4825 South Lemay
June 16, 2020