Part Time Associate Youth Minister
The Part Time Associate Youth Minister shall serve under the direction and coordination of the Pastor of Youth & Family Ministries. Serving on average 29 hours throughout a normal work week, Associate Youth Ministers will assist in multiple levels of participation in the leadership of the ministry to and with youth and their families, including alongside other youth staff, church staff, and volunteers to ensure smooth operation of Christ United’s youth ministry. Compensation while competitive is dependent on experience.
Associate Youth Ministers shall be a college or university graduate and either currently enrolled in or shall have completed a seminary degree or another type of ministry certification. One to two years of youth ministry experience in paid or volunteer capacity is preferred.
- Present for Sunday programming, weekday office hours as determined by Pastor of Youth & Family Ministries, age level programming, and relational connection opportunities
- Available for weekly youth staff meeting and able to coordinate projects with overall youth and church staff
- Support and resource Sunday Morning Sunday School – including teaching when needed, volunteer coordination and communication, and facilitating Methodist Bible-based curriculum
- Plan and implement Sunday Night Youth recreation and fellowship – including utilizing and creating Methodist Bible-based curriculum for small groups and preaching
- Brainstorm and spearhead age-level fellowship and outreach programs
- Retreat, mission trips, outings, and event responsibilities
- Increased work for activity through summer months and around large youth events
- Seek and complete continuing education opportunities for youth ministry specifically as well as overall church ministry generically
- Fill in for Pastor of Youth & Family Ministries or other Staff in case of absence
- Contact new and visiting youth families and invite to programs
- Partner with and recruit youth parents and adult congregant chaperones and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned by Pastor of Youth & Family Ministries and/or Senior Pastor
- Partner with youth staff team to utilize website, email, social media, texting, and phone calls to promote program and resources
- Help maintain and manage event attendance and registration, calendar and facility requests, and communication tasks – including graphic projects and regular email and social media correspondences
- Facilitate weekly attendance reporting and individual follow-up for youth absent during 3 month timeframe
Optional Areas of Service as Available:
- Worship liturgist
- Youth and youth family pastoral care
Associate Youth Ministers reports to the Pastor of Youth & Family Ministries.
For more information and to apply submit resume to Rev. Paul Maletic, Pastor of Youth & Family Ministries – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christ United Methodist Church Plano
United Methodist Church
3101 Coit Road., Plano, TX 75075
August 27, 2020