Next Generation Pastor
Coldstream Christian Church has been in existence since 1967, serving God and the community through a strong commitment to Christian faith. The church is deeply rooted in our mission, which is to love God and help others discover the life and joy of following Jesus Christ. Nestled between two beautiful lakes in the Okanagan Valley, Coldstream truly has it all: beaches, hiking, world-class skiing and warm temperatures. One of the greatest advantages of living in the Okanagan is that these beautiful things that God created are just minutes from your door!
Our Next Gen Pastor will lead a growing ministry for our next generation of young believers that will see them come to faith in Jesus Christ, growing in godliness, and in commitment to His church and His Mission. You will work closely with our leadership and congregation to ensure alignment of the mission, vision, and values of Coldstream Christian Church.
- Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God and a spiritual life congruent with biblical teachings for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for this ministry.
- A strong listener, communicator whose life demonstrates a passion for evangelism and outreach specifically to youth and young families.
- Attend Coldstream Christian Church worship services, (and other church events as time allows).
- Continue growth and development through conferences, reading, and exchange of ideas with others.
- Ensure the youth at the church are led towards building a relationship with Christ.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical knowledge and agrees with Coldstream Christian Church’s Statement of Faith.
- Spreading the word of the gospel through their abilities to preach, teach and witness.
- Effectively communicate with parents/guardians, and other members of the congregation.
- Is acquainted with the lives of the youth, and young families raising their children to know and follow Christ and keeps connected through various means of communication.
- Works closely with the Senior Pastor in developing our Next Generation ministry.
- Interact with the Ministry Team Leaders and Elders regarding your ministry for mutual accountability.
- Maintain a well-planned and balanced program throughout the year coordinated with the church calendar of events.
- Pre-schedule all activities, including post-activity plans.
- Provide information and encourage attendance to Emerge, summer camps, retreats and other events.
- Assist mission’s committee with missionary experiences.
- Propose and oversee the budget for youth, (including Young Adults & pre-teen activities.
- Manage fees for events and trips in a timely manner.
- Provide reporting where requested.
- Possesses computer skills appropriate for the position.
Other Valuable Competencies
- Ability to participate and support worship services as requested.
- Preach and teach on occasion.
- Experience in Senior High youth ministry.
- Minimum 2 years church leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in a related field.
Coldstream Christian Church offers a competitive salary that recognizes the contributions of the individual chosen and is appropriate for this role.
Closing date: July 25th, 2017
Please include references & a statement of faith
Email Resumes and/or inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coldstream Christian Church
9904 Kalamalka Lake Road, Vernon, British Columbia Canada
July 11, 2017