>> Apply HERE! <<
Denomination: Baptist – SBC
Weekly Attendance: 200
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
The Role: Minister of Worship Arts and Youth
Meet Lookout Valley Baptist Church:
Lookout Valley Baptist Church has a passion for Jesus and His gospel. He is the only reason that we do what we do. Our prayer is that you would be blessed and strengthened by the power of Jesus Christ and that you will live a life of abundance in fellowship, joy, and liberty – Lookout Valley Baptist Church is here for you. We are a fellowship of believers coming together to declare the glory of God and celebrate Jesus as King. We invite you to join us as we study the Word, practice what we learn, and in the process grow together!
About the Minister of Worship Arts and Youth:
The purpose of this role is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership for the Music, Media, and Student Ministries of Lookout Valley Baptist Church. The main areas of focus are the music and media needs for the church’s weekly gathering, as well as overseeing ministry to students (6th -12th grade) and their families.
The Minister of Worship Arts and Youth Responsibilities Include:
Worship Arts Responsibilities
- Plan and lead congregational worship through music during the regular Sunday morning church gatherings and other special services.
- Plan, prepare and lead the weekly band and vocal team rehearsals.
- Select songs, keys, vocal parts, and instrumentation for all songs each week. In coordination with the Administrative Assistant, print, collect, and organize music for the band and vocal team.
- Develop a library of musical loops and click tracks for the band and vocal team.
- Prepare all media slides for in-person gathering and Livestream. This includes slide design and graphics for announcements, countdowns, song lyrics, scripture readings, and others.
- Setup musical instruments, cables, microphones, lights, computers, and other equipment for weekly worship gatherings.
- Prepare and set up the Livestream system.
- Help support and curate our online presence and social media channels.
- Coordinate with Senior Pastor and Elders to develop a robust and theological rich music ministry. Communicate with the scheduled preacher each week to coordinate songs, scripture readings, and the sermon as needed.
- Recruit, train, and equip volunteers to serve in the music and media ministries. Volunteers are consistently needed for the band, vocal team, audio/visual booth in the auditorium, and Livestream production room. Develop a schedule for volunteers to serve, resolve any conflicts, and find replacements as needed.
- Communicate with the music and media team regularly and often throughout the week. Provide resources and information about upcoming rehearsals, events, songs, and other pertinent information.
- Disciple, teach, and equip full and part-time members of the music and media teams by sharing scriptural truths, praying together, and ministering to needs that arise on the team. Introduce, teach, and lead new music. Expand and improve team members’ training and development.
Student Ministry Responsibilities
- Plan, lead, and facilitate a Small Group Bible study for students on Sunday mornings. This would include equipping volunteers, as well as planning curriculum and other resources to be used.
- Plan, lead and facilitate Wednesday night programming for all students. This includes music, worship, bible study, testimony, creative games, and other activities.
- Plan and provide regular activities and outings for students to meet social and fellowship needs.
- Plan and coordinate annual or seasonal events, such as summer camps, mission experiences, retreats, conferences, etc.
- Spend time with students and their families building relationships for evangelism, discipleship, counseling, and generally spiritual encouragement.
- As time allows, be involved in the everyday activities of the students, including school activities and major social events. Make regular texts, calls, and visits to students throughout the year.
- Connect and engage new students and their families when they visit or attend.
- Recruit, train, and equip adult volunteers for all of the weekly and seasonal events. Adult volunteer involvement is imperative in student ministry and recruitment should be continuous and ongoing.
- Connect and communicate with parents often and regularly as partners in the evangelism and discipleship of their students.
Other General Responsibilities
- Cooperate with the Senior Pastor, staff, and Elders in promoting the entire ministry plan of LVBC.
- Attend Weekly Staff meetings.
- Be available for counseling of students, families, and other church members as needed.
- Oversee the Budget items pertaining to Worship Arts and Student Ministry.
- Supply articles and calendar of events for use in online and printed publications and social media posts.
- Attend and present updates at bi-monthly Member’s Meeting.
- Drive mini-bus for church events and student ministry trips as needed.
- Adhere to church-approved guidelines set forth in LVBC’s Constitution, Bylaws, Policies, and Procedures.
- Maintain and model a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Promote, educate and advocate biblical stewardship of time, talents, and resources to the congregation.
- Actively involved in church functions such as fellowships, outreach, small group bible studies, and other special events.
- Perform other duties related to the overall ministry of LVBC as assigned by the Senior Pastor and Elders.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience in leading worship and youth ministry is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Seminary would be a bonus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to connect with multi-generational populations.
- Biblically sound in understanding and teaching.
- Skilled in setting boundaries and developing healthy relationships.
- Blessed with musical ability to sing, lead and play.
- Demonstrated experience in training, teaching, and mentoring.
- Understanding of budgeting and financial operations of the church.
- Experience in leading other leaders.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Have a love for God and people.
- Must be a strong vibrant Christian who is Biblically sound and grounded in their faith.
- Is an excellent communicator.
- Ability to build, grow and mentor praise team.
- Ability to work at a fast pace, take initiative, and be able to both lead and follow as needed.
- Has a strong work ethic.
- Is passionate about life change, not simply about the numbers.
- Believes in and models the church’s vision, mission, and values.
- Is a servant leader, and has the gift of shepherding.
- Has a heart for prayer and worship.
What it’s Like to Live in Chattanooga, Tennessee:
With a population of about 181,100, Chattanooga is Tennessee’s fourth-largest city and one of the two main metro areas of East Tennessee, along with Knoxville. Chattanooga is a large transit hub due to its multiple railroads and Interstate highways. It is about 120 miles northwest of Atlanta, Georgia, 110 miles southwest of Knoxville, 130 miles southeast of Nashville, 100 miles northeast of Huntsville, Alabama, and 150 miles northeast of Birmingham, Alabama.
In the downtown area, you’ll find the Aquarium, the Republic Centre, the James Building, and The Block, a climbing gym with 5,000 square feet of functional climbing space. Many of Chattanooga’s buildings carry historical significance such as The Read House Hotel, the Chattanooga Choo-Choo Hotel, the Maclellan Building, the Dome Building, and the Tivoli Theatre. It also has spectacular cultural amenities and entertainment for locals and tourists alike including world-class museums, bustling arts, and shopping districts. Also in the downtown area is the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee headquarters, the second-largest LEED Gold-certified corporate campus in the nation.
Chattanooga resides on the banks of the Tennessee River. It’s home to Lookout Mountain, Coolidge Park’s legendary carousel, Olympic rapids, and ample greenways. It’s a little bit of everything you need and anything you want nestling in the Appalachian Mountains. Overall, Chattanooga is a great place to call home, be surrounded by a great community of people, and raise a family.
>> Apply HERE! <<
Lookout Valley Baptist Church
April 7, 2022