Full-Time, Salary (Exempt)
APPLY DIRECTLY TO:
Gwen Reinauer – Director of Human Resources
-Completed St. Andrew’s Employment Application
APPLY DIRECTLY AT:
Open Until Filled
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee Student Ministries
- Train, nurture, lead and provide strategic direction for all staff and programs (including Junior High, High School, College and the Youth Center) according to the vision, values and theological foundations of ECO and St. Andrew’s.
- Oversee all aspects of leadership development for staff, volunteers and interns
- Recruit, train, encourage and celebrate adult leaders. Conduct performance evaluations for interns.
- Enable staff, volunteers and interns to nurture and empower young people as welcome members of Christ’s family at St. Andrew’s.
- Provide detailed monthly written reports for Supervisor covering all aspects of the ministry.
- Ensure that parents are welcomed as partners and that staff, volunteers and interns understand their role as ministering directly to parents, families and students.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally with St. Andrew’s strategic teams in creating a commitment to coordinated planning and ministry.
- Manage the budget for all Student Ministries programs by keeping clear and accurate records.
- Maintain the highest level of detail and integrity with money and budgetary items.
Lead Ministry with High School Students
- Oversee the quality of preparation, program, communication, teaching and relationships with congregationally connected students, parents and adults as well as those from the surrounding community.
Uphold St. Andrew’s Mission and Values in developing Ministry
- Establish a philosophy of “incarnational ministry” at the center of St. Andrew’s ministry with students.
- Ensure that staff and leaders conduct primary ministry practices off-site as well as on-site and that students and their parents are pursued beyond the reach of St. Andrew’s programming and events.
- A minimum of six contacts with parents and other adults per week is required.
- Actively participate in the life and ministry of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and personal spiritual vitality in leading others in pursuit of Christ.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs – Word, Excel and Outlook.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in relevant theological field strongly preferred.
- At least five years of experience in a similar position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church
ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians
600 St. Andrews Rd., Newport Beach, CA 92663
June 28, 2018