To assist the Middle School Pastor in planning, organizing, leading, administrating and developing the middle school ministry.
Primary role: Coordinating Small Groups ministry
- Developing a small group culture
- Weekly emails to small group leaders
- Weekly parent cues
- Placing students in small groups
- Recruiting leaders
- Placing new leaders in small groups
- Small group events and activities
- Small group training
- Volunteer support and activities
- Help plan and execute events, trips and programs
- Oversee Student development
- Help with intern development
- Be the point person for Saturday night service
- Pastoral care for girl students and leaders
- To attend all youth activities and function.
- To establish and develop relationships with Middle School students.
- To establish and develop relationships with the Middle School families.
- To teach the Middle School group on occasion in the absence or request of the Middle School Pastor.
- Be a born-again believer and live a personal life above reproach.
- Exhibit a high level of spiritual maturity and show evidence of the fruit of the Spirit.
- Display love and a desire to serve Middle School students and their families.
- Able to relate with a broad spectrum of personalities.
- Have the ability to work on a team toward specific goals in a mutually edifying and supportive manner and display a teachable and open spirit.
- Have experience in youth ministry whether in church, camp or para-church ministry.
- Be adequately trained to handle the responsibilities of this position. A four-year college degree (in ministry-related studies preferred) is required.
- Gifted at administration and organization which are necessary in overseeing an effective ministry.
Shadow Mountain Community Church
Southern Baptist Convention
2100 Greenfield Dr., El Cajon CA 92019
December 1, 2017