FCC is a multi-generational church in Springfield, Ohio, with a mission of helping people find and follow Jesus. We seek to live out our mission by transforming our world one family at time by targeting men, investing in women and engaging the next generation.
Middle School Minister
The Middle School Minister at FCC walks alongside our 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade students as they figure out who they are and who God intended them to be. You will disciple them as they learn to own their own faith and value a faith community.
- FCC utilizes Orange curriculum to assist our children’s ministries from birth through 8th You will have the opportunity to attend an annual Orange conference in order to remain current on curriculum
- Cultivate relationships with parents that promote spiritually healthy homes
- Develop a core volunteer team. Identify, recruit and equip your team to compliment and assist you with the ministry
- Develop in students a commitment to spiritual disciplines: prayer, scripture memory, journaling, etc.
- Promote student involvement in 5th-8th grade Sunday morning worship
- Encourage students to participate in church camp (Butler Springs Christian Assembly)
- Develop and launch regular social and outreach events for all grades
- Encourage involvement with our mission partners and create opportunities for students to serve
- Utilize FCC’s attendance platform for recording student attendance
- Lead 5th and 6th grade students in FCC’s “I Am His” program which consists of a deeper dive into scripture and memorization
- Lead 7th and 8th grade small groups
- Pastoral care duties
- Serve in adult service periodically as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A committed and growing relationship with Jesus fueled daily by time in His word and prayer
- A commitment to the personal conduct of a leader as described in Timothy, Titus and the rest of scripture; including integrity in finances, relationships, time management and communication
- Initiative to go above and beyond expectations driven by a desire to work as for the Lord rather than men. This initiative is also to be guided by respect for the family in which God has placed you; respecting the culture, values, structure, roles and individuals of the team
- Honoring God by honoring His mission to help people find and follow Jesus
Knowledge of spiritual formation in preteen and teenagers essential. Demonstrated experience in successful volunteer recruitment, leadership, and training; experience in team building, vision casting, and an excellent working knowledge of the Bible.
- Two or four year degree from an accredited college; bachelor degree from an accredited Bible college is preferred
- At least three years’ experience in student ministry is preferred
- Experience with ProPresentor is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong organizational skills, excellent time management, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Technical experience desired
First Christian Church
3638 Middle Urbana Rd.
June 7, 2018