The Middle School Director will serve as an integral part of our passionate and growing student ministry by overseeing the middle school ministry (grades 6-8) and assisting the entire student ministry with social media. Through weekly teaching with small groups to fun events and serving opportunities, our goal is to equip students to find and follow Jesus. This will be a part-time position of 25 hours a week with a competitive hourly rate.
Fill out the online application at firstmbchurch.org/jobs (including describing your personal faith journey).
Note: Responsibilities may be added or changed to fit the giftedness and particular passions of the director, as well as to meet unforeseen needs within the student ministry.
- The director will work under the direct supervision of the Student Ministry Pastor to help with vision, programming, and teaching. We are a team and we all work together to provide the best ministry opportunities possible.
- To give oversight, direction, and leadership to the middle school ministry.
- To recruit, train, develop and oversee adult volunteers and empower student leaders.
- To develop a multi-level program that addresses the spiritual needs of non-Christians, casual Christians, and growing Christians.
- Plan and facilitate Wednesday youth group called Amplify and coordinate teachers for our Sunday morning class.
- Plan and facilitate events for the students including outreach events, service opportunities, and community builders.
- Cultivate strong healthy relationships with students and live as a role model.
Social Media Responsibilities
Note: Responsibilities may be added or changed to fit the giftedness and particular passions of the director. All social media will be secondary responsibilities.
- Overseeing content for all of First MB’s Student Ministry social media accounts.
- Create engaging text, image, and video content for our social media
- Designing posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and creating buzz around new ministries or events.
Requirements and Compensation
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a calling for student ministry.
- Accept the role of a leader/mentor by providing an example of faith and pure conduct (principles found in 1 Timothy 3) and agree with First MB’s mission statement, values, and confessions of faith.
- This will be a part-time position (25 hours a week) with a competitive hourly rate.
- Most hours will be flexible however most Sundays and Wednesdays will be when our weekly ministries happen.
- Attend First MB Church worship services for the duration of the employment.
First MB Church
8000 W 21st St N Wichita, KS
June 4, 2020