Middle School Director – Part Time
New Life Community Church in Aurora, CO is prayerfully seeking a part-time (20-25 hrs per week) Middle School Director. New Life is part of the EFCA denomination and runs 450 in weekly attendance. This position personally represents New Life and is called to advance Christ, the Gospel, and the mission, principles and goals of the Church. Ministerial activities include, but are not limited to: teaching, evangelism, leading prayer and providing spiritual advice, counsel and mentoring.
- Lives a godly life according to Scripture (Gal. 5:13-26; I Cor. 6:9-11 & Eph. 5:1-14)
- Agrees with and upholds the New Life Constitution, including the statement of faith, By-laws and Employee Handbook; Supports the mission, vision, core values of New Life. See information online at nlccaurora.org
- Must be or become a member of New Life
- Growing relationship with Jesus individually & corporately
- College education preferred but not required
- Youth ministry experience required
- Conscientious servant & team player
- Humble and teachable spirit
- On time for commitments & appointments
- Strong organizational skills & ability to plan well
- Able to teach clearly, accurately, & relevantly
- Ability to apply Christian faith to teen context
About Our Middle School Ministry
- Meets Sunday mornings and Tuesday evenings. High School and Middle School meet separately, but are always working together towards the same purpose and mission.
- Tuesdays focus on outreach and includes: welcoming guests, games, teaching, small groups, and lots of energy.
- Sundays on equipping and disciple-multiplying and includes: teaching, group discussion, and a small game.
- There are currently 40 Middle School students with 20-30 of them attending on Tuesdays and 10-15 attending on Sundays.
Primary Responsibilities for Middle School Director
- Intentionally plan and carry out disciple-making strategy
- Work alongside the Student Ministries Pastor to build a ministry that makes disciples
- Believes in and upholds the student ministry mission, values, strategies, and marks that make up our foundation
- Consistently evaluate the efficacy of the ministry and look for ways to improve
- Plan an annual youth calendar in conjunction with the church and high school calendar
- Provide leadership and clear vision for volunteer leaders
- Equip leaders to do the ministry and be disciple-makers
- Recruit the needed number of adult volunteers
- Care for adult volunteers lives and walks with Jesus
- Utilize weekly gatherings and special events to accomplish the disciple-making plan and student ministry mission
- Build a fun, safe, and loving environment for the spiritual growth of students
- Organize and execute Sunday and Tuesday gatherings
- Plan one summer opportunity (mission’s trip, conference, camp, or other)
- Organize a group of middle school students to attend the EFCA district winter retreat
- Communicating timely and effectively to parents, staff, and students
- Attending staff meetings (twice per month for two hours total)
- Attend EFCA Front Range Youth Pastor meetings (once per month for three hours)
- Available for prayer and communion in main Sunday service (2nd Service) as needed
- One or two opportunities to preach in the adult service each year if desired (not required)
- Reports directly to the Student Ministries Pastor and indirectly to the Adult Ministries Pastor
- This is a salaried position based upon education and experience. Range is $15,600 – $19,500. The salary assumes working an average of 25 hours per week. The position is eligible for paid-time-off (PTO) and matching 403(b) deferred compensation plan
Email Cover Letter, Resume, and questions to:
- Admin for Student Ministries: Beth Weil at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position closes on 11/01/2018 or until position is filled.
New Life Community Church 17690 E. Iliff Ave, Aurora, CO 80013 – (303) 368-7567 www.nlccaurora.org
New Life Community Church
Evangelical Free Church of America
17690 E Iliff Ave
August 30, 2018