Middle School Director – Part Time
New Life Community Church in Aurora, CO is prayerfully seeking a part-time (20-25 hrs per week) Middle School Director. New Life is part of the EFCA denomination and runs 450 in weekly attendance. This position personally represents New Life and is called to advance Christ, the Gospel, and the mission, principles and goals of the Church. Ministerial activities include, but are not limited to: teaching, evangelism, leading prayer and providing spiritual advice, counsel and mentoring.
- Intentionally growing follower of Christ
- College education preferred but not required
- Youth ministry experience required
- Conscientious servant & team player
- Self-starter, yet teachable
- On time for commitments & appointments
- Willingness to prioritize equipping volunteer leaders to make disciples
- Strong organizational skills & ability to plan well
- Able to teach clearly, accurately, & relevantly
- Ability to relate to teens/preteens in relevant ways
- Support New Life’s mission, vision, core values & doctrinal statements (please look at this more in-depth at nlccaurora.org under the “About Us” option)
About Our Middle School Ministry
- Meets Sunday mornings and Tuesday evenings. High School and Middle School meet separately, but are always working together towards the same purpose and mission.
- Tuesdays are focused on outreach and includes: welcoming guests, games, teaching, hanging out, small groups, and lots of energy.
- Sundays are focused on discipleship and equipping.
- There are currently 50 Middle School students with 30-40 of them attending on Tuesdays and 25-30 attending on Sundays.
- Intentionally plan and carry out disciple-making strategy
- Work alongside the Student Ministries Pastor to build a ministry that makes disciples
- Consistently evaluate the efficacy of the ministry and look for ways to improve
- Provide leadership and clear vision for volunteer leaders
- Equip leaders to do the ministry and be disciple-makers
- Recruit the needed number of adult volunteers
- Care for adult volunteers lives and walks with Jesus
- Utilize weekly gatherings and special events to accomplish the disciple-making plan
- Build a fun, safe, and loving environment for the spiritual growth of students
- Organize and execute Sunday and Tuesday gatherings
- Plan one summer opportunity (mission’s trip, conference, camp, or other)
- Organize a group of middle school students to attend the EFCA district winter retreat
- Communicating timely and effectively to parents, staff, and students
- Plan an annual youth calendar in conjunction with the church and high school calendar
- Attending staff meetings (twice per month for two hours total)
- Attend EFCA Front Range Youth Pastor meetings (once per month for three hours)
- Available for prayer and communion in main Sunday service (2nd Service) as needed
- One or two opportunities to preach in the adult service each year
- Reports directly to the Student Ministries Pastor and indirectly to the Directional Team Pastor
- This is a salaried position based upon education and experience. Range is $15,600 – $19,500
Email Cover Letter, Resume, and questions to:
- Admin for Student Ministries: Beth Weil at email@example.com. Position closes on 12/06/2017 or until position is filled.
New Life Community Church
Evangelical Free Church of America
17690 E Iliff Ave Aurora CO 80013
November 9, 2017