The primary responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
- Pastoral/Relational: Building relationships with students as well as their parents and families in order to share The Gospel and help them grow in their relationship with Christ
- Outreach: Attending sporting events, going to schools, recitals, etc. to meet new students and deepen existing relationships with students
- Leadership: Planning, coordinating, supporting, and running trips, events, activities, programs, as well as recruiting and equipping both adult and high school volunteer leaders.
- Teaching: Studying, preparing, practicing, and delivering messages that give students a holistic understanding of scripture and God’s truth, and points students to a life-giving relationship that is found in following the way and person of Jesus
- Program: Creating dynamic, energetic, fun, creative, and spiritually significant programs that encourage students and supports their faith formation. The milestone for our eighth graders is Confirmation, which is a ten week program in which students are taught what it means to be in relationship with Christ and learn how to articulate their faith to others.
-Experience working with students.
-Good verbal and written communication skills.
-Good organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
-Ability to plan and execute multiple projects at once.
-Comfortable leading small groups.
-Team player with desire to work in a collaborative environment.
-Strong relational skills with both students and parents.
-Ability to recruit volunteer leaders.
-Ability to mentor and equip high school and adult volunteer leaders.
We believe that the healthiest and most impactful ministers are those who prioritize their relationship and spiritual formation with Christ, and model this to those they have been entrusted to lead. Peachtree provides opportunities for spiritual growth and discipleship through engaging worship services, community for young adults, mission trip/outreach opportunities, as well as continual equipping and training as a Student Ministry staff member.
This is a full time, salaried position that includes medical benefits. We offer a competitive salary based upon education and experience. The Middle School Associate will report directly to the Director of Middle School Ministry as well as the Director of Student Ministries.
If you have a passion for working with middle school students, please send your cover letter and resume to Kevin Sheehan and Amanda Hanrahan:
Peachtree Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church USA
3434 Roswell Road, NW, Atlanta
June 7, 2021