To Apply: Submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
LBC Kids serves children and their families from birth through 5th grade – approximately 700 children on Sunday and 250 children on Wednesday nights. Programming includes Sunday morning classes, Wednesday night clubs, and four to six large outreach events per year.
LBC Kids exists to teach, encourage and engage children to grow in their knowledge of God’s Word, while engaging parents in the process of becoming godly leaders and models of Jesus in the home. We desire to create a culture and environment where children and their parents experience a community of grace and truth, where they learn about Christ, grow in their love for Christ and seek to bring others to Christ.
To champion efforts to encourage, equip, and empower parents in all aspects of family living through classes, events, and small groups. This position seeks to support parents in their marriages and discipleship of kids in the home, promoting spiritually healthy families.
- A growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated in character as outlined in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- A humble and teachable spirit born out of security in Christ and an accurate understanding of their God-given capacity.
- Loves people and Lincoln Berean Church and regularly attends weekend services
- Supports the core beliefs of LBC
- Trustworthy, honest and considers confidentiality a priority
- Has a vision for both reaching the lost and for developing, encouraging, and discipling parents and couples to grow in their relationship with Christ, cultivate Christ-centered marriages, and raise their children in God’s truth
- Specific academic training in marriage, parenting or children’s education and/or ministry (B.A. or higher), or comparable
- Stable, Christ-centered marriage
- Proven leadership skills and outcomes
- Shepherd leadership
- Exemplifies relational discipleship
- Proven team player and team builder
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, and social media)
- Capable teacher and small group facilitator
- Expertise in marriage and family dynamics with ability to inspire, teach, and intervene (counsel)
- Passionate promoter for the next generation and parent involvement within the church environment
Ministry Area Responsibilities
- Develop and teach classes for parents; coordinate parent resources
- Provide shepherd leadership for married couples, parents, and their children within the church including meetings, hospital visits, and follow up
- Cultivate fellowship and community among parents and families by developing and facilitating small groups
- Provide intervention and pastoral counseling; recommend professional counseling when necessary
- Collaborate with LBC Kids staff to plan and host large family events for encouragement, spiritual growth, and outreach
- Facilitate marriage mentoring program
- Assist in special projects and/or events when assigned
- Participate in annual budget planning process
- Supervision: LBC Kids Ministry Area Leader
- Inter-office Relations: LBC Kids staff
- Working relationships will also include all-church staff and lay leadership within LBC Kids
- Attend team planning meetings and retreats as determined by supervisor
- Regularly participate in the overall church life at Lincoln Berean Church, cultivating an atmosphere of unity and encouragement among all ministries, staff and attendees.
- Faithfully attend and participate in all LBC staff meetings, functions and community-building opportunities.
- Fully agree to the terms of employment and other employee policies as outlined in the LBC Employee Handbook.
- Joyfully serve as an LBC ministry person in various other areas on an as-needed basis:
- Assist with hospital visitation
- Officiate weddings and funerals
- Be available for appointments and calls in the office
Lincoln Berean Church
6400 S 70th St
April 10, 2019