The Shepherd Staff is honored to be working with Transformation Church in Tallahassee, FL as they search for their next Kids Pastor.Transformation Church is a vibrant, enthusiastic, spirit-filled family church with thriving ministry areas for kids, youth, and adults.
Transformation Church hired a dynamic and highly capable Senior Pastor in 2021 and the Kids Pastor will be one of his first strategic staff hires. They will work closely to develop the future vision for the church and to make sure that the ministry areas for young people continue to be excellent and effective.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for God.
- Passion for life.
- Teachable spirit.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Driven for success.
- Leader of leaders, not a doer of ministry.
- Follows through and meets deadlines.
- Leverages social media well.
Transformation Church is looking for a dynamic Kids Pastor who is driven and is highly relational. This candidate should desire the opportunity to build a great ministry rather than manage what someone else has built. In addition, this person will manage outreach and help to build strong community relationships.
The position will require oversight of the children’s ministry therefore need to be skilled with recruitment, training, and motivating teams of volunteers. They will also partner with the lead pastor who has a track record of explosive growth and is committed to doing anything short of sin to reach children and students for Christ.
- Pray for, support, and be an extension of the vision and values of the lead pastor and Transformation Church (see www.transformtlh.com).
- Create environments where kids are being transformed by knowing God, finding freedom, discovering purpose, and making a difference.
- Partner with parents in discipling their kids to become the best version of themselves.
- Own and execute the Sunday morning (large group) and Wednesday night (small groups) kids experience.
- Show an interest in kid’s personal lives by eating lunch with them at school, attending games, recitals, plays, graduations, etc.
- Collaborate with kids ministry leadership team to develop high energy, fun, and engaging programming for kids.
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteers who are passionate about kids and who live out our core values.
- Plan and oversee events and trips that help build and strengthen relationships between kids.
- Engage in the community through area elementary schools and develop effective outreach opportunities.
- Oversee and advance the kids ministry presence on social media platforms.
- Manage the annual kids ministry budget.
- Administrate Planning Center for weekly services and scheduling volunteers.
- Oversee, train, and support our part-time nursery and preschool directors.
- Be a team player by coming alongside other staff members and assisting in areas outside of kids ministry when needed.
Assembly of God
June 23, 2022