To Apply: Submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
LBC Kids serves children and their families from birth through 5th grade – approximately 700 children on Sunday and 250 children on Wednesday nights. Programming includes Sunday morning classes, Wednesday night clubs, and four to six large outreach events per year.
LBC Kids exists to teach, encourage and engage children to grow in their knowledge of God’s Word, while engaging parents in the process of becoming godly leaders and models of Jesus in the home. We desire to create a culture and environment where children and their parents experience a community of grace and truth, where they learn about Christ, grow in their love for Christ and seek to bring others to Christ.
To recruit new service team members for all service teams within LBC Kids, provide orientation and training, and coordinate appreciation events.
- A growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated in character as outlined in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- A humble and teachable spirit born out of security in Christ and an accurate understanding of their God-given capacity.
- Loves people and Lincoln Berean Church and regularly attends weekend services
- Supports the core beliefs of LBC
- Trustworthy, honest and considers confidentiality a priority
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher), or comparable
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, and social media)
- Highly relational
- Proven team player and team builder
- Passionate promoter for the next generation and parent involvement within the church environment
Ministry Area Responsibilities
- Recruit new service team members for all service teams within LBC Kids
- Interview and identify individual’s “best fit” when interested in serving with LBC Kids
- Help develop service descriptions for each role with LBC Kids
- Conduct new team member orientation for all individuals joining the team and provide them with an LBC Kids Handbook copy as well as an overview
- Keep team leadership informed of incoming team members and connect them with new team member during first service time
- Assist in training of new and current service team members throughout the year
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for all service team members
- Help to organize appreciation events throughout the year for service team members
- Evaluate all aspects of onboarding and initiation process to ensure effectiveness and implement changes as needed
- Maintain records of service teams and service opportunities within LBC Kids
- Assist in special projects and/or events when assigned
- Supervision: LBC Kids Ministry Area Leader
- Inter-office Relations: LBC Kids staff
- Working relationships will also include all-church staff and lay leadership within LBC Kids
- Attend team planning meetings and retreats as determined by supervisor
- Regularly participate in the overall church life at Lincoln Berean Church, cultivating an atmosphere of unity and encouragement among all ministries, staff and attendees.
- Faithfully attend and participate in all LBC staff meetings, functions and community-building opportunities.
- Fully agree to the terms of employment and other employee policies as outlined in the LBC Employee Handbook.
Lincoln Berean Church
6400 S 70th St
April 10, 2019