To Apply: Submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
LBC Kids serves children from birth through 5th grade – approximately 700 children on Sunday and 250 children on Wednesday nights. Programming includes Sunday morning classes, Wednesday night clubs, and four to six large outreach events per year.
LBC Kids exists to teach, encourage and engage children to grow in their knowledge of God’s Word, while engaging parents in the process of becoming godly leaders and models of Jesus in the home. We desire to create a culture and environment where children and their parents experience a community of grace and truth, where they learn about Christ, grow in their love for Christ and seek to bring others to Christ.
To oversee the Sunday morning preschool programs (Nursery – PreK), including children and service teams. This position would continue the strong emphasis on grounding children in the foundational doctrines of the Christian faith and what it means to live out those beliefs in practical ways.
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated in character as outlined in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- A humble and teachable spirit born out of personal security in Christ and an understanding of his/her God-given ability
- Loves people and Lincoln Berean Church and regularly attends weekend services
- Supports the core beliefs of LBC
- Trustworthy, honest and considers confidentiality a priority
- Has a vision for reaching the lost and for developing, encouraging, discipling, and inspiring children to grow in their relationship with Christ
- Views parents as partners in the process of relational discipleship
- Specific academic training in children’s education and/or ministry (B.A. or higher), or comparable
- Proven leadership skills and outcomes
- Proven team player and team builder
- Strong organizational skills
- Understands and exemplifies relationship discipleship
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written and social media)
- Understanding of child development
- Passionate promoter for the next generation and parent involvement within the church environment
Ministry Area Responsibilities:
- Oversee and provide direction for all LBC Kids preschool programming
- Communicate, connect, and engage with kids and parents
- Be available and comfortable to troubleshoot with children and parents during programs
- Assist with children’s behavioral challenges, being proactive to establish effective, alternative options
- Ensure the safety and security of all children in attendance
- Provide shepherd leadership for children, preschool team leaders, and service teams
- Assist with recruitment, onboarding, and training of new service team members; create a culture of appreciation and value for the people who serve with LBC Kids.
- Assist in special projects and/or events when assigned
- Supervision: LBC Kids Ministry Area Leader
- Attend team planning meetings and retreats as determined by supervisor
- Inter-office relations: LBC Kids staff
- Working relationships will also include all-church staff and lay leadership within LBC Kids
- Regularly participate in the overall church life at Lincoln Berean Church, cultivating an atmosphere of unity and encouragement among all ministries, staff and attendees.
- Faithfully attend and participate in all LBC staff meetings, functions and community-building opportunities.
- Fully agree to the terms of employment and other employee policies as outline in the LBC Employee Handbook.
Lincoln Berean Church
6400 S 70th St
April 10, 2019