Kids Ministry Director
Crossroads Community Church is a gospel-centered church in Schererville, Indiana (located an hour south of Chicago and 45 minutes from Lake Michigan beach front). We gather with about 300 people each Sunday who call Crossroads home, and we strive to provide our children and families with some of the very best facilities and resources to help them grow. We are entering an exciting new season in which we’re seeking to transform our community by developing followers of Jesus!
The Kids Ministry Director will champion the mission of developing our kids (infant through 4th grade) and their families in the lifelong process of becoming fully devoted followers of Christ. We desire to partner with families in order to help our kids become flourishing, reproducing disciples who are integrated into our church’s life and grow to be leaders that stand out for Jesus in all areas of their life. This is a full-time position.
The ideal candidate for the Kids Ministry Director will minister out of a deep faith in Jesus. He or she will be relationally-focused and mission-driven with a passion to see kids and families grow and reach the community together. The Director will operate from a relational, team mindset and collaborate with others. We seek someone who is a self-starter capable of assessing the needs of kids and families and who will take initiative to develop the ministry in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of Crossroads.
- Recruit, develop, and resource Kids Min leaders who will share Jesus with kids and families.
- Connect the Kids Min team to Crossroads vision and to one another.
- Care for the Kids Min team through continual prayer, consistent communication, and regular 1-on-1 or small group meetings.
Kids and Family Ministry
- Create a strategic plan for kids and family discipleship with the help of the Next Gen Pastor.
- Develop and implement strategy to empower at-home discipleship.
- Care for families with the help of the Kids Min Team with mid-week cards, calls, texts, and in-person connections.
- Facilitate opportunities for parents to connect with one another throughout the week.
- Provide families with resources and midweek online connection opportunities that promote the daily habits of prayer, Bible study, and service.
- Equip Crossroads families to reach families in our community with the love of Jesus.
- Design and implement a fun, safe, interactive environment that fosters spiritual formation, community, and fun during Sunday morning worship services.
- Introduce all kids to the gospel, and help them grow as disciples.
- Integrate kids into the life of the church by cultivating multi-generational relationships, along with service opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Youth Ministry leaders to create seamless pathways in and out of kids ministry.
- Manage the yearly budget.
Primary Talents and Gifts Required
- Teachable – Humble with an openness to learn and receive feedback
- Relational – Smart with people
- Creative – Ability to think outside of the box
- Fun – Does not take self too seriously
- Collaborator – Can build and develop teams
- Flexible – Adaptable to changing environments
- Personal discipleship marked by a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and evidenced in daily life
- Alignment with Crossroads mission, vision, and values
- College Graduate (Bible college/Seminary is a plus)
- Experience with kids and in ministry
TO APPLY email resume to Bryan at email@example.com.
Crossroads Community Church
Christian Reformed Church in North America
1538 Janice Drive, Schererville, IN
April 12, 2021