This ministry position will oversee four primary areas of leadership within the Student Ministries and specifically the Jr. High Ministry. Those areas include: volunteers, evangelism, communication, and teaching/programming at the weekend services. Responsibilities will include community building with volunteers, recruiting and training of volunteers, partnering with off-campus organizations in evangelism efforts, communicating with parents and students via email, social media, website, and teaching. The Jr. High Pastor will report to and work closely with the Student Ministry/High School Pastor to implement the vision and director of JHM (Junior High Ministry).
- Specific Ministry Responsibilities
- Discipleship: Shepherding the Junior High students and volunteer leaders and nurturing their spiritual relationships is your primary focus! This specifically breaks down into three main areas.
- Junior High Volunteers: Aside from Jesus being at the center of our ministry, volunteers are the backbone. When they’re healthy in their walk with the Lord, they’re able to shepherd well. It’s your role to love, care, nurture, pray for, and encourage these volunteers. You will oversee the value and function of volunteers in JHM. This will require vision casting at Leadership Gatherings, individual encouragement of leaders, and empowerment of staff to affirm and utilize leaders in all areas of ministry. Coach volunteers in every event, weekend service and trips to understand the vision and value of the ministry. Pastor care of volunteers with ongoing check-in conversations with each leader. You will develop leaders to understand their next steps in ministry or church.
- Student Leaders: You’ll have an overarching role of helping in the growth of our Jr. High students; however, you’ll be able to go deeper with your small group of student leaders.
- Parents: Parents continue to be the primary means in which faith is passed down in the family structure. Part of your role is to develop and invest in parents & families.
- Create opportunities for on-campus presence in local Student Ministries on school campuses (student-led clubs)
- Partner with para-church organizations like FCA, Young Life, and Youth for Christ to reach students not currently part of the church.
- Teach JHM students to be able to share their story with their friends. This will involve training and coaching students throughout the year.
- Teaching: The Jr. High Pastor will have the overarching role of teaching the Jr. High students each Sunday and developing Thursday Night Life Group content.
- Teach regularly in JHM services.
- Develop messages and message series with your teams to advance and disciple your students through effective communication of God’s Word.
- Teach in High School ministry when available and interested.
- Teaching @ on-campus clubs and gatherings to promote the gospel and the JHM vision implemented within our ministry.
- Administration: It’s important for us to be organized internally in order to be effective in reaching out to young people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Your role will span a variety of administrative tasks. This could look like:
- Social Media
- Updating/Creating Data Bases
- Event Planning
- Website Upkeep
- Youth Room
- Other Ministry Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the Student Ministries Team. Work closely with other staff members to create a deep and meaningful ministry centered on discipleship and helping students develop a relationship with Jesus.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Parents or volunteers who have concerns with JHM and Student Ministries
- Evaluating situations and meeting the needs appropriate to the beliefs of Mariners SC.
- Trusting the leadership of the church and aligning to the core values and Transformational Loop.
- All Church
- The JHM Pastor will be asked to participate in various activities which have all-church implications.
- Attend Monthly Staff Meetings
- Attend Story Time Weekly
- Other duties as assigned
- Reporting relationship: High Pastor will report to the Student Ministry/High School Pastor, or in their absence, the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a consistent devotional time with God
- Participate and facilitate a Rooted Group/Life Group
- Work a 50-hour week (included in this time is up to 5 hours for personal devotion time and up to 3 hours for participating in an accountability group.)
- Complete Financial Peace University within the first year on staff.
- Qualifications: Here are some qualifications we are looking for in a Junior High Pastor. If you think you’d be ax good addition to our team please apply today.
- Born-again Disciple of Jesus Christ
- Organized & Efficient
- Team Player
- Good Communication Skills
- Passion for teaching God’s Word
- Comfortable in Front of An Audience
- Leadership Experience
- Attention to Detail
- Working Knowledge of different computer programs designed to make your job more efficient.
- Problem Solver
- Bachelor Degree Preferred
- Youth Ministry Experience
Mariners South County
32222 Del Obispo St.
July 31, 2019