Jr High Youth Pastor
Position: Part time 20 per week (must be available for misc. events, meetings, etc. as needed)
Normal Schedule: Sunday through Thursday
Pay: Commensurate with experience and level of skills
To direct and lead youth programming for 6-8th Grade. The Jr. High Youth Pastor shall seek to foster Christian community through building relationships with young people that strengthen their commitment to the church and growth in faith in Jesus Christ. They will work in close conjunction with the High School Youth Pastor, who will oversee them, and seek ways to continue building relationship between the two groups.
- Ability to anticipate, enjoy, adapt and thrive in rapidly changing environment.
- Affirmation and wholehearted agreement with the Valley Christian Fellowship Statement of Faith.
- Professional leader who has a solid understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith and has a strong desire to nurture young people in the Christian faith. We seek a person who generates new ideas and programs and someone who values a team concept of ministry.
Gifts and Abilities
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Trustworthy, Self-starter and disciplined to work in an unsupervised environment, proactive
- Sense of humor, creative, and personable
- Humble and teachable
- Demonstrated gifts in preaching and teaching. Strong oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, train, and lead volunteers
Knowledge, skills & Demands
- Thorough understanding of Valley Christian Fellowship’s DNA, theological principles, and agreement with the mission of Valley Christian Fellowship.
- Thorough understanding of the role each department plays in fulfilling the mission of Valley Christian Fellowship.
- Manage time efficiently.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Work cooperatively with others and delegate tasks to volunteers.
- A working knowledge of creative programming related to student programs and special events is a real plus.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, communicate and implement a vision for Jr High that is consistent with Valley Christian Fellowship’s vision and purpose.
- Oversee the process to recruit, train, equip, and disciple volunteers for areas of service in Jr High.
- Develop healthy rapport and communication with both students and their parents.
- Shepherd and provide pastoral care/counseling to students and parents.
- Perform special projects as determined by the Lead/Youth Pastor.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high- energy services for Jr. High students
- Develop curriculum and strategies that will equip Jr High Ministry leaders to help students grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ in the context of Christian community.
- Provide oversight for the planning and teaching of Jr. High
- Attend staff meetings, and regularly planned meetings with supervising pastor.
- Be a part of the worshiping community of Valley Christian Fellowship on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement student outreach events including, but not limited to, missions trips, service projects, discipleship courses, summer camp(s), and midweek events.
- Plan and implement age appropriate activities for Middle School age youth that promote community through fellowship, fun and faith development. Such activities might include; musicals and dramatic presentations, small group Bible study, retreats.
- Create resources to encourage and equip parents.
- Identify and train student leaders. Establish personal mentoring relationships with students and train other leaders to do the same.
- Execute effective strategies for regular communication between volunteers and families to encourage parents to be well-informed and involved in student ministries.
- Establish relationships with other Christian youth ministries within the area.
- Publish scheduled events through various media platforms.
- Co-lead monthly team member development meetings for Jr. High/High School leaders. Assist and encourage team members to perform their roles as leaders.
- Coordinate youth activities with other ministries of the congregation.
- Encourage young people to participate in all facets of the life of the community of faith, including worship, educational opportunities, youth activities, Bible Camp and service projects, etc.
- Work to achieve annual goals set by the Lead/HS Youth Pastor
- Design, plan, and conduct annual parent meetings to inform parents of ministry goals and develop relationships with them.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for Jr High student ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Responsible for successfully transitioning students into Jr. High ministry and students out of Jr. High ministry into High school ministry by working closely with the Crossroads children’s pastor as well as our high school pastor.
- Review the terms of your employment on an annual basis with supervising Pastor
General Pastoral Duties
- Pray regularly for the students, families, and congregation
- Assist in the preaching and teaching of God’s word
- Serve as a counseling resource for youth and their families.
Character & Conduct Qualifications
- Leads a disciplined life of daily fellowship with God and Bible study.
- Evidences biblical character in personal life, family relationships, and ministry.
- Desires to grow both spiritually and professionally.
- Has a genuine heart for shepherding the body, specifically youth and their families.
- Shares faith passionately with unbelievers.
- Remains free from addictions
- Youth ministry experience preferred
- Degree in Youth Ministry preferred
For an application, email me at email@example.com
Valley Christian Fellowship
3180 Rancho Rd
November 27, 2017