Junior High Director
High School Assistant
1100 S. Sowell Ave
Visalia CA. 93277
This position is directly responsible in leading the Junior High School Ministry at GateWay Church in Visalia, CA. This person will also assist in leadership of the High School Ministry. The position is directly responsible to the Students Ministries Pastor of GateWay Church.
- Profess faith in the Lord God and spend regular time talking with Him and reading His Word.
- Continues to grow spiritually and professionally through reading, listening to training resources, taking classes and attending conferences and seminars.
- To personally pursue a maturing relationship with Jesus Christ and to set a Christ-like example in words and actions for the students and adults.
- To oversee the Junior High School Ministry and assist in the High School Ministry at GateWay Church working with students, adult leaders and parents.
- To INVITE new students into the ministry, to CONNECT them to God, others and GateWay, to DEVELOP them into LEADERS through SERVING.
- Discipleship – train and disciple students to be disciplers.
- Growth – a goal to see every student actively growing in their faith.
- To oversee the Junior High Ministry Team, volunteers and interns. To enlist, train, resource and encourage adult leadership for the shepherding of life groups, as camp and retreat counselors, for mission endeavors, and other discipleship ministries as appropriate. To elevate your leaders to be partners in ministry.
- To be involved in the schools and clubs – both Junior High and High School.
- To encourage and motivate the students in a growing commitment and connection to the body of Christ and an expanding contribution to the mission of Christ. We are a multi-generational church that wants to impact our world!
- To help parents involved in the spiritual formation of their student’s life.
- To annually develop, oversee and present the Junior High Ministry budget so it effectively and wisely utilizes church resources and maximizes ministry opportunity.
- Participate in staff meetings, providing up-to-date information about ministry.
- Keep the Student Ministry Pastor thoroughly informed of staff accomplishments, concerns and future plans.
- Maintain excellent relationships and open communication with all staff.
- Clearly communicate ministry direction, event details and opportunities for involvement with the students, adult volunteers and parents.
- Teach and preach as assigned by the Senior Associate Pastor.
- Participate regularly in weekend worship programs.
- Perform baptisms, hospital visits and counseling as necessary.
- Serve in outreach events and within other ministries as part of the GateWay Team.
Salary Range: $28,000-$33,000.
Email Resume to:
Nick Zavala, Student Ministries Director
1100 S Sowell St, Visalia
October 18, 2018