Want to be part of helping college aged interns form a strong connection between faith and vocation? Do you have experience in intern development and curriculum for leadership transformation? We think the experience young leaders have at camp is foundational to servant leadership growth and we are looking for an Internship Program Director to help us continue to create a best in class intern program here with CRISTA Camps. This is a FT position with benefits and is partially funded by a Murdoch Foundation grant.
Click the link to “View our open positions” and search under “Camps”, starting here: https://crista.org/employment/
- Develop and establish an excellent internship program that will qualify for college credits through an accredited Christian college or university.
- Experiential Learning:
- Develop the intern training schedule for various Camp functions to accomplish the goals of the internship program. Work alongside the interns to ensure learning and modeling excellent work ethic.
- Quality Control:
- Ensure a high quality internship experience. Manage program to achieve annual objectives. Develop metrics for surveying participant experience and make program adjustments as needed.
- Teach, Disciple and Mentor:
- Develop and teach the internship curriculum. Lead the spiritual, culture shaping and character building sections of intern meetings to help achieve the mission of camps.
- Meet individually with interns on weekly basis to build relationships, encourage spiritual growth and deepen the intern’s knowledge and love of God.
- Intern Pipeline and Selection:
- Create process for obtaining qualified internship candidates and filling internship spots each year. Build process for identifying top candidates and present to the leadership team for final selection.
- Lead the fundraising effort for the intern program operational costs, with a goal of 100% of the cost being covered within a three year period.
- Obtain support from individuals, churches and corporate sponsorships and foundations.
- Teach interns how to effectively raise support through appeal letters, call campaigns and relational fundraising.
- Develop the annual budget for the Internship Program.
- Camps Leadership
- Participate in weekly camps’ leadership team meetings.
- Perform other related duties as needed or assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Year-round vocational interns.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience
- Christian Commitment: Mature Christian that demonstrates a Christ honoring life/testimony.
- Education: Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
- Experience: Three or more years of experience or education in training and development or teaching experience at the high school level or above (or a related field working with youth).
- Software and Equipment: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Other Considerations: Experience in ministry.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor degree in Education or related field
- Experience: Fundraising experience, internship program management, leadership training
12500 Camp Court NW, Poulsbo WA 98370
July 3, 2017