Seneca Creek Community Church in Gaithersburg, Maryland is looking for a strong visionary leader who is highly relational to lead our high school / young adult ministry into the future. The church understands that today’s students are wary of organized religion and skeptical of authority, but these same students are intrigued by Jesus. The ideal candidate will collaborate with the middle school director to develop long-term goals across middle and high school ministries. The High School & Young Adult Pastor will have a seat on the management team to speak into the all-church goals and objectives and to foster collaboration across the entire church body.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading, managing, and overseeing the ministries to young people at Seneca Creek, ensuring that programs and systems are aligned with the overall church vision and values and effectively accomplish their mission
- Recruiting, equipping, and deploying adult leaders to carry out the relational ministry that strives for excellence in reaching and discipling young people
- Creating environments/activities that college students will enjoy to foster connections and build friendships
- Collaborating with other pastors and directors to carry out the church’s strategic initiatives to effectively accomplish the mission and vision of the church
What you need to have:
- Passion for Jesus and younger generations
- Minimum five years experience leading in student ministry
- Strong cultural competence and the ability to minister effectively in a multi-ethnic, culturally diverse setting
- A team player mentality with a commitment to the unity of the staff team and church
- Ability to affirm, practice, and uphold an egalitarian theology
The incredibly diverse community of Gaithersburg has an abundance of recreational, entertainment, and educational opportunities. Local and national parks are just minutes away, and the ocean or mountains are only 2 to 3 hours drive. Public education is a very high priority as seen in the quality of local schools. The nation’s capital is 20 miles away, complete with world-class attractions, artists, museums, and numerous professional sports franchises.
Does this sound like an environment in which you would like to serve?
Seneca Creek Community Church
13 Firstfield Rd, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
January 26, 2022