We are seeing God do incredible things at Beachpoint Church. Each weekend we see about 800 people grasping onto God’s heart for the people in their spheres of influence and are introducing their friends and neighbors to the Lord. Last year we saw 50 people baptized. Our church is motivated to step out in daring faith to obey God’s unique calling on us.
The high school ministry of Beachpoint Church (The Rock) reflects the intergenerational value of Beachpoint. The entire church recognizes the importance of passing on the faith, even at the cost of keeping carpets and walls pristine. High School Ministry is part of our broader Family Ministry team. Our 50-60 students meet Wednesday nights in a large group/small group format. Small groups (called life groups) are led by an intergenerational team of life group leaders and arranged by grade and gender.
Beachpoint Church Mission statement: To develop authentic followers of Jesus Christ who love God, one another and the world.
Values: To be transformational, relational, intergenerational, missional, generous.
PASTOR OF HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRIES
Reports To: Pastor of Family Ministry
Date Written: March 2017
Job Status: Regular Full-time/Ecclesiastical Exempt
Job Summary: Design, implement and shepherd an effective ministry to meet the needs of high school students in the church.
- Establishes all goals and manages all aspects of High School Ministries.
- Develops all aspects of discipleship ministry strategy for High School Ministries working alongside all Family Ministry Pastors.
- Executes all aspects of discipleship ministry strategy for High School Ministries working alongside all Family Ministry Pastors.
- Work with Family Ministry Pastors to develop Leadership Pipeline in Family Ministries and executes Leadership Pipeline for all High School ministry leaders
- Provides direction, leadership and supervision to staff and volunteers involved in High School Ministries
- Provides High School Ministries with local and global mission opportunities.
- Leads weekly High School Ministry large group program.
- Designs and develops teaching curriculums for High School Ministries.
- Teaches in High School Ministries as needed.
- Develops High School Ministries Life Group curriculum.
- Pursues intentionally healthy disciple relationships with local and church students.
- Teams with Family Ministry Pastors to develop strategic relationships with our parents to support our local church families.
- Conducts weddings, funerals and baptisms upon request.
- Assists in the duties of hosting corporate worship services.
- Serves in rotation as “Pastor of the Day.”
- Remains consistently in an “on call” mode for church-related emergencies.
- Attends all scheduled staff meetings.
- Attends related retreats, and conferences as necessary to remain current in related fields of ministry.
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace environment.
- These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of my job requirements and other skills, this position description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of my immediate supervisor.
The High School Ministry Pastor directly supervises and leads the department staff and volunteers within all of the High School Ministries programs.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Signed Statement of Faith
- Has a deep passion for Christ and the great commission of reaching our world for Jesus Christ
- Demonstrated evidence of spiritual maturity
- Supports and teaches the Transformation Ministries doctrinal position
- Meets the Biblical qualifications of a church leader
- Preferred ordination with Transformation Ministries
- Undergraduate college degree or equivalent learning, graduate degree preferred
- Seminary or bible college education a plus
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience in youth ministry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to understand, teach and live out Biblical truths
- Leads in an inspiring influential manner
- Mentoring experience
- Experience leading, following and contributing to harmonious team environment(s)
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate
- Developed inter-personal skills, i.e. the ability to deal diplomatically with a wide range of people
- Active focus on supporting positive relationships; treating people with dignity, respect, integrity and/or compassion
- Self-starter with an ability to think “outside the box” while “inside” a church culture
- Methodical approach to compiling reports
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to lead and provide vision for High School Ministries
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Basic Typing (40 wpm).
- Proficient in the Microsoft Windows or Mac OS operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and email use
Paid Time Off accrual of up to 10 days the first year
11 paid holidays
Submit resumes to Amy Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org
17415 Magnolia Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708
March 20, 2017