Come join the movement of Jesus at Oak Pointe Church as the High School Pastor at its Novi campus. This person should love working with high school students, leading volunteers, and coming alongside a tight-knit student ministries team. They should have a clear vision to help students to know Jesus and make Jesus known, as well as support and implement the vision, mission, and values of Oak Pointe Church. The High School Pastor would teach and shepherd the high school ministry of about 200 students on Wednesday nights. This program includes worship, teaching, and life groups. Other responsibilities include leading weekend retreats, short team mission trips, and organizing outreach events.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ: Loving God and loving others, exhibiting a desire to live in relationship with those within the church and without.
- Education: Bachelors required; additional education preferred.
- Experience: Prior experience in student ministry required. Experience in teaching large groups, leading a volunteer staff team, and developing programming and curriculum.
- Characteristics: Exhibits a Servant’s spirit and Christian character in the areas of Integrity, Dependability, and Perseverance. Innovative, self-starter, team builder, strong verbal and written communication, team player, proactive, detail oriented, and ability to multitask. Commitment to internalize and live out Oak Pointe Church’s 8 traits of a growing disciple.
- Skills: Strong ability to lead teams, oversee initiatives, and matrix manage.
- Requirements: Membership or in process of membership at Oak Pointe Church. Affirmation of the vision and direction of Oak Pointe Church.
- Lead a weekly gathering of high school students on Wednesday nights. This includes planning programming, meeting with leaders, and teaching the large group.
- Develop a volunteer team that will assist in leading small groups, leading events, and chaperoning trips.
- Student of the current trends in youth and next generation ministries.
- Develop and lead a missions program open for high school students.
- Plan and lead various events throughout the year for high school students.
- Shepherd the high school students of Oak Pointe Church both corporately and privately.
- Plan and lead various retreats/trips for high school students.
- Meet weekly with the student ministries team of Oak Pointe Church to report on the current state of high school ministry and upcoming events.
- Occasionally teach in the main weekend services.
- Be a model to inspire other leaders.
- Train staff and students to be missional in the Senior High culture they travel in.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS: (please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cover Letter introducing yourself and including your personal testimony of faith
- Links to sample sermons
Interested candidates will find additional information regarding Oak Pointe’s Statement of faith, mission, vision, and values at www.oakpointe.org.
Oak Pointe Church
50200 W. 10 Mile Road, Novi, MI 48374
April 17, 2019