Peachtree Presbyterian Church is a growing church in Atlanta, Georgia. Our Student Ministry program is focused on helping students become followers of Jesus and walking alongside students and their families as they navigate the complexities of life. We are looking to hire a staff director who has a contagious relationship with Jesus and a genuine passion for working with, encouraging, leading, and building into the lives of 9th through 12th grade students.
This position requires someone who is a self-starter, has organizational, counseling and communication skills, and enjoys working within a team dynamic.
Primary responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
- Pastoral/Relational: Spending time with students in small groups and one-on-one environments for fun and intentional discipleship
- Outreach: Attending sporting events, school activities, recitals, etc. to reach new students and develop existing relationships with students
- Leadership: Planning, coordinating, supporting, and running trips, events, activities, and programs as well as directing and leading the ministry with the help of the High School Associate
- Teaching: Studying, preparing, practicing, and delivering messages that give students a framework for making healthy life decisions and that point students to a life giving relationship that is found in following the way and persons of Jesus
- Programming: Creating dynamic, energetic, fun, creative, and spiritually significant programs that encourage students and supports their faith formation
This is a full time, salaried position that includes medical benefits. We offer a competitive salary, based upon education and experience. The Student Ministry staff director will report to and be supervised by the Director of Student Ministry.
If you have a passion for working with high school students, please send your cover letter and resume to Kevin Sheehan:
3434 Roswell Road NW
August 20, 2019