The High School Director works closely with the Director of Youth Ministries to help students encounter Christ and process Biblical truth in the context of relationships. The HS Director will help to create, implement, and improve high school ministry programs and provide leadership, relational engagement, spiritual presence, and developmental support for the Lakeway Church Youth Ministry. Ministry focus will specifically target the high school journey as students develop their faith in the transition from middle school to high school and beyond.
- Provide leadership and planning for student worship services and high school programming
- Lead large group teaching time 1 to 4 times a month on a rotating basis
- Lead a small group weekly
- Engage HS students so they develop meaningful relationships with adult leaders and with peers
- Create welcoming environments where students can enjoy shared experiences and have fun
- Lead students into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and challenge them to continually take the next step in their spiritual journey and walk with Christ
- Facilitate and lead one-on-one and small group discipleship interactions with students
- Facilitate in planning, executing, and evaluating student events and activities (camps, trips, retreats, etc.)
- Equip and resource parents for the maximum impact on a student’s spiritual life
- Do contact work with students by attending sports games, visiting students at school lunches, community events, student organization meetings, and extracurricular activities
- Equip students to do ministry and create opportunities for them to serve and love others through service projects and outreach events
Email for job application.
The Lakeway Church
2203 Lakeway Blvd, Austin, TX 78734
July 10, 2018