|JOB TITLE:||High School Director||REPORTS TO:||Next-Gen Director|
|MINISTRY DEPT:||Next Gen Ministries||EMPLOYMENT STATUS:||Full Time|
The High School Director will be responsible for developing (recruiting, equipping, and encouraging) a team of volunteer leaders. He/she will ensure that all students, 9th through 12th grade, are taught Biblical truth and feel welcomed, known, and loved by God and His church. He/she will disciple and position students to serve at church, in their local community, and globally. He/she will partner with parents and equip them as the primary spiritual mentors of their children. This person will also establish a vision for high school ministry that is in line with the church’s overall vision and core values, and will develop strategic steps to execute that vision. The high school director will also be expected to lay a foundation for college ministry – ensuring that high school seniors have a healthy transition into the next phase of their discipleship journey.
The ideal candidate is a capable leader with a strong work ethic and the ability to lead and manage a large volunteer staff and effectively communicate with parents. He/she has a heart and passion for teenagers and is called to shape the next generation. He/she is culturally competent and has the desire and ability to reach and engage students and families of different ethnicities and socioeconomic backgrounds. He/she is an engaging teacher with a strong theological foundation. He/she has a personal and continually growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy personal life. He/she is expected to belong to the Cumberland family and be plugged into a life group.
- Lead and organize effective student programs implementing worship, fellowship, biblical teaching, discipleship and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteer staff with diverse gifts and personalities
- Provide appropriate counseling and spiritual direction to students on an individual basis
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing and upcoming activities.
- Inform and keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement
- Support Cumberland parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles along with other pastoral staff.
- Seek to integrate high school ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries
- Coordinate with the communications team to develop strategies to promote events and ministry as a whole.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local high schools and other community partners who serve families in our community
- Other duties as required
This position requires a minimum of 5 years experience in a church setting. A bachelor’s degree (or comparable) is required (a degree in Biblical Studies, Christian Education, or Student Ministry is preferred). Proficiency in basic computer skills (Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Mailchimp, etc) is required and the ability to navigate social media is strongly preferred. Basic database knowledge and strong written and oral communication and interpersonal relationship skills are a must.
- An active, passionate, and continually growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Spirit-led visionary who can also make a plan for execution
- Agreement with the mission, vision, and core values of Cumberland Community Church
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Cross-cultural awareness, sensitivity, and competence
- Honest, trustworthy, humble, and teachable
- Goal-oriented, well-disciplined, and organized; able to multitask and prioritize
- College education preferred
- Capable to lead, train, manage, and motivating teams
- Working knowledge of G-Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Slack, database management (Planning Center); project management software, and social media platforms
- An active member of CCC and in fellowship in a community group
Cumberland Community Church
3059 South Cobb Drive, Smyrna
June 15, 2022