Graduate Resident Youth Minister
FUMC of Denham has stood as a symbol of faith in our community, a refuge of hope and ministry for the hurting – a place where love grows. Our roots run deep, and our branches reach high and wide as we work to fulfill our mission to make new disciples of Jesus Christ and engage them for the transformation of the world. Seeking Youth Minister to grow ministry and reach out in to the community and a sister church of diversity.
Located in Denham Springs, Louisiana
About the Residency:
Fulfill your call to youth ministry through the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry at the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT). The Graduate Resident Youth Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local ministry setting while both training and coaching you as you earn your Masters of Arts in Youth Ministry through a CYMT partner seminary. CYMT offers regional campuses in Tennessee and Texas through partnerships with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary and our new Nashville Extension Campus of APTS. Acceptance to the program is competitive, as the cohort spots are limited in each region. The cost to the resident is only $2,000 for the 3-year program.
Graduate Residents will receive:
- Full scholarship for tuition, books, and housing
- Masters degree from accredited seminary
- A job as a youth minister in a local church/camping ministry
- $1,000 per month stipend
- Veteran youth ministry coachCore Components:
- Cohort: Residents are part of a dynamic, group-learning community that provides encouragement and support as they walk through ministry together.
- Coaching: Residents receive one-on-one coaching from a youth ministry veteran to help master and apply critical skills.
- Classroom: In retreat-style, four times per semester, residents will be challenged to think theologically about ministry and empowered to create ministry programs that evoke deep, life-changing Christian faith.
- Church: Residents get hands-on experience in a local church where they serve 25 hours weekly as youth minister.
- Care: Residents receive pastoral care and encouragement, empowering them to seek wholeness in their life.Qualifications:
- Distinct call to youth or children’s ministry
- Ministry experience working with children or youth
- Undergraduate degreeTheological BeliefsCYMT partners with congregations and individuals representing the theological views and diversity of mainline Protestant Christianity. We partner with mainline Protestant denominations including the United Methodist Church, Presbyterian (PCUSA), Cumberland Presbyterian, Lutheran (ECLA), Episcopal, Disciples of Christ, American Baptist, and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Our partner seminary is Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary.Application Process:
Apply online at www.cymt.org
- Complete online application
- Pay $50 application fee
3 references (professor, ministry, personal), transcripts, photo, proof of insurance, complete background checkApplication deadlines:Early admission: November 15Final: Still accepting applications until filled.
DO NOT CONTACT THE CHUCH DIRECTLY. To learn more contact: Center for Youth Ministry Training Office: 615.823.7595
Dea Wathen, Admissions Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Center for Youth Ministry Training is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that exists to equip youth ministers and churches to develop theologically informed and practically effective youth ministries. Learn more at cymt.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Center for Youth Ministry Training
Denham Springs, LA
April 28, 2021