For over 60 years, we have been blessed to see God work in amazing ways through King’s Way UMC!
Lives are being transformed through the work of God’s people here at King’s Way. We would love for you to join us as we make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world by encountering, loving, and serving God and others.
GENERATIONS DIRECTOR / Job Description
PURPOSE: This position exists to serve as a core member and assistant leader of the Generations Team. This position’s primary focus is leadership and guidance to our student ministry which covers grades 7-12 (middle school and high school students), to serve as an advocate and the voice of students in all matters that affect students’ inclusion, discipleship, and leadership in the church. This position will also serve as the main leader for the Generations Team that focuses on households with school-aged children (pregnancy to 12th grade).
QUALIFICATIONS: A desire to serve in Christian ministry, and the desire for an encouraging and safe place to do so.
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team as situations dictate.
- Willing to develop mentoring relationships with a variety of youth (grades 7-12) and their families.
- Ability to help lead Bible study, discussions, and group activities as a part of a team of adult ministry partners.
- Must pass a background check and adhere to our Safe Gatherings policy.
RESPONSIBILITIES: In partnership with the Pastor of Discipleship and the Generations team:
- Provide overall direction and oversight for all youth programming, including
- Planning and leading student activities (Sunday and Wednesday).
- Planning and co-leading of Confirmation (yearly) with the Pastor of Discipleship and/or Lead Pastor
- Planning and leading other activities for discipleship, fun, or relationship building.
- Assist the Pastor of Discipleship in all areas of programming and direction.
- Serve as the point person for all discipleship for households with school-aged children.
- Implement King’s Way’s five-point discipleship pathway for 7th-through-12th-graders.
- Worship, Mentoring, Spiritual Practices, Formational (Life) Groups, and Serving.
- Align leaders to work together around our common strategy, values, and language.
- Champion the vision and values of student ministry throughout church and community.
- Facilitate effective meetings to collaborate with key leaders on your team and the Generations team.
- Manage the budget and resources needed to make student ministry successful.
- Be an active, collaborative, and life-giving member of the team by living out the values of our staff covenant and employee manual.
- Refine the message by designing a communications strategy that delivers strategic truths to teenagers, and produces strategic experiences that are relevant and engaging for students.
- King’s Way is in the process of developing a family ministry program that will utilize the Orange Curriculum. As such, one must design and promote a scope and cycle that prioritizes core messages.
- Develop and improve a diverse team to communicate and lead experiences.
- Elevate community by recruiting and developing volunteers to lead students in weekly small groups and gatherings.
- Implement a system to recruit, train and provide resources to a diverse section of small group leaders.
- Manage group structure to connect students relationally with peers and leaders, including an intergenerational approach to ministry.
- Leverage digital strategies to enhance learning and relationships.
- Engage every parent and guardian as a partner in ministry.
- Design strategic opportunities to help every parent stay informed and connected.
- Provide resources and experiences that help parents win with their own students.
- Leverage digital strategies to keep parents inspired and informed.
- Encourage service by influencing students to participate in consistent ministry opportunities.
- Recruit and develop students as volunteers in various ministries and outside the church.
- Train adult leaders to co-lead with students.
- Regularly partner with community organizations to broaden students’ experiences.
- Seasonal serving as appropriate.
- Plan and lead family, middle school, and high school mission trips and/or service activities.
- Assumes responsibilities in alignment with King’s Way Staff Values.
SCHEDULE AND SUPERVISION: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) that reports to the Pastor of Discipleship.
Please complete the online application for this position at kwumc.com/employment and submit both a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.
King’s Way UMC provided the following inclusive hiring information:
- Women-led organization
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
King's Way United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
2401 S Lone Pine Ave, Springfield, MO 65804
July 7, 2021