This position requires someone who is a self-starter, has organizational, counseling and communication skills, and enjoys working within a team dynamic.
Primary responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
Pastoral/Relational: Spending time with students in small groups and one-on-one environments for fun and intentional discipleship.
Outreach: Attending sporting events, school activities, recitals, etc. to reach new students and develop existing relationships with students.
Leadership: Planning, coordinating, supporting, and running trips, events, activities, and programs.
Teaching: Studying, preparing, practicing, and delivering messages that give students a framework for making healthy life decisions and that point students to a life giving relationship that is found in following the way and persons of Jesus.
Programming: Creating dynamic, energetic, fun, creative, and spiritually significant programs that encourage students and supports their faith formation.
- Experience working with students.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to plan and execute multiple projects at once.
- Comfortable leading small groups.
- Team player with desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- Strong relational skills with both students and parents.
- Ability to recruit volunteer leaders.
This is a full time, salaried position that includes medical benefits. We offer a competitive salary, based upon education and experience. The Fifty 6 staff associate will report to the Director of Student Ministry and will be supervised by their department director.
If you have a passion for working with 5th and 6th grade students, please send your cover letter and resume to Leslie Lambert:
Peachtree Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church USA
3434 Roswell Road, NW, Atlanta
May 27, 2021