Meet Faith Community Church:
Faith Community Church was founded in 1984 when a church in River Falls prayed for the opportunity to start a new church in the St. Croix Valley. After a few years, the service was moved to a new building in downtown Hudson and has seen consistent growth. God has blessed FCC to not only serve the people of Hudson, but to reach out across the Valley, planting churches in New Richmond, River Falls, Somerset, Baldwin, and Prescott. We are committed to serving Jesus through a personal relationship with Him. This church prides itself on outreach to those who are lost and transforming their lives for the better as we continue to work on a more promising approach to making disciples of Christ. We want to highlight God in the world as we share the good news of His amazing grace and increase gospel-inspired living throughout the St. Croix Valley.
To glorify God.
To make more and better disciples of Jesus Christ.
About the Next Gen Executive Director:
Faith Community Church is seeking their first Next Generation Executive Director. The Next Gen Executive Director will provide leadership and oversight to all family ministry environments of FCC. The guidance from this candidate will impact the next generation within the church to best empower the next generation and their families to experience and share a gospel-inspired life.
The Next Gen Executive Director Responsibilities Include:
Champion the Next Generation (45%)
- Align Next Gen Ministry to FCC’s Discipleship Framework and theological convictions for the next generation.
- In collaboration with Sr Pastor and Executive Leadership Team, and with support of the Elders define and protect the overarching purpose and strategy for cradle to college Gospel Inspired Life.
- Inspire, empower, and ensure great training and feedback evaluations for Next Generation staff and volunteers (Early Childhood, Lifeshaping, AWANA, VBS, and Refuge) for excellence in ministry.
- Model FCC’s Gospel Inspired Life values and cultivate them within Next Generation Ministries.
- Participate strategically in Next Generation Ministry Discipleship Environments (Lifeshaping, AWANA, VBS, and Family Take it Home), providing leadership or support at key times or events.
- Fill in as needed as a backup for key staff leadership roles when there is an illness or vacation.
- Encourage and facilitate student engagement in the larger church body.
- Build and develop relationships with the schools in our community for facilitating outreach and serving opportunities.
- Provide input on facilities needs for the Next Generation Ministry.
Direct Leadership for High School Refuge Ministry (35%)
- Collaborate with the Middle School Director and worship assistant to oversee, plan, and execute weekly Refuge worship gatherings.
- Regularly teach in Refuge gatherings with talks aligned to Gospel Inspired Life teaching and preaching philosophy, equipping students to own their faith in Jesus.
- Partner with the Middle School Director and recruit, vet, equip, empower, train, and inspire high school small group leaders for gospel-inspired life ministry.
- Oversee, plan and execute retreats and mission trips that build community, challenge, and develop a student’s personal faith in Jesus.
Parent and Family Leadership (10%)
- Collaborate with the Next Gen Team to provide opportunities for parents to grow in their ability to disciple their children to experience and share a gospel-inspired life.
- In collaboration with the Senior Pastor for Counseling develop and oversee environments intended to strengthen families.
- Be an encouragement and conduit for parents and students seeking biblical counseling. Provide triage counseling as needed.
FCC Staff Team Ministry Leadership (10%)
- Provide executive leadership for all Next Gen Ministries, overseeing gospel-inspired teaching, curriculum choice and use, worship, and discipleship to evangelism therein.
- Collaborate with the Senior Pastor and Executive Leadership Team with the support of elders to set direction and goals for the Next Generation Ministry that is aligned with FCC’s vision, ministry philosophy, and values.
- Manage the Next Generation staff and budgets.
- Collaborate with the worship team to organize and participate in child dedications and student baptisms.
- Participate meaningfully in all scheduled staff and development meetings.
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- A 4-year post-secondary degree with ministry emphasis or experiential equivalent is required.
- A Master’s degree with a focus on ministry is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in successfully and fruitfully leading within next-generation ministry is required.
- Experience training others, building teams, and discipling team leaders is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Meet Biblical standards for a deacon/deaconess.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and implementation skills.
- Ability to teach to a range of developmental levels.
- Ability to maintain appropriate discretion and confidentiality.
- A sound knowledge of Scripture and an ability to effectively apply Scriptural principles in ministry that leads to life transformation.
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- A vital and growing relationship with Jesus.
- An engaging personality.
- A high commitment to team ministry, relationships, and having fun along the way.
What it’s Like to Live in Hudson, Wisconsin:
Hudson, Wisconsin (including the city of Hudson, and the town of North Hudson) is a moderately sized community in St. Croix County with a combined population of about 18,000. Its school district has a population of about 30,000 residents with an enrollment of around 5,600 students. Residing alongside the St. Croix River, Hudson is known for its popular water activities and thriving boating community. While Hudson has many families who have continued their generation in this city for years, it is a growing community that attracts many new residents who see its friendly, exurban atmosphere as a great place to raise a family. The education system is top-notch in terms of well-invested school districts as well as an excellent homeschooling community.
This is a great city for young professionals as well as there is no shortage of job opportunities with suitable career growth. There are plenty of outdoor and recreational activities for everyone including access to state parks, camping, and lake activities. For those who enjoy more various eateries, shopping, and nightlife, major cities like St. Paul and Minneapolis are only about 20 minutes away. If your desire is to live in a close-knit, family-oriented community, Hudson is likely for you!
Faith Community Church - Next Gen Executive Director
777 Carmichael Rd, Hudson, WI 54016
March 9, 2022