The Early Childhood Director facilitates the recruiting, equipping and leading a team of volunteers for weekly services in our Kids Center (Nursery-2nd Grade). This leader will be a hyper recruiter developing a dynamic team of volunteer leaders who create services for students to experience Jesus regularly. This role is responsible for overseeing weekend services, our TK2 Lead, coordinating our KidCare program, and other special events. This role needs to have experience leading in Kids Ministry or a preschool program. A passion for Journey’s DNA and vision is crucial for this role.
Job Title: Early Childhood Director
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt (approx. 40 hrs/week)
Reports to: Generations Pastor
Compensation: Variable, depending on experience
The Early Childhood Director facilitates the recruiting, equipping, and leading a team of leaders for weekly services in our Kids Center (Nursery-2nd grade).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Actively seek out volunteers to join the Kids Center Team
- Build an effective and reliable volunteer team to consistently run each of the five (5) Little Ones rooms
- Create a team of volunteers who want to see kids experience Jesus regularly
- Provide training for all new volunteers and regular training for current volunteers
- Ensure all volunteers follow our Kids Ministry General Policies and Procedures
- Assure background checks and handbook requirements are completed
- Provide and follow volunteer checklist
Oversee TGIF Little Ones Lead
- Ensure Friday night services run at the same standard as Sunday morning services
- Meet regularly (at least 2x/month) providing coaching and training to the TGIF lead
- Serve as their first point of contact for the Generations communication, questions, time off and issues that might arise on Friday nights.
Oversee Club TK2 Lead
- Ensure Club TK2 Lead is resources for success with volunteers, supplies and curriculum.
- Meet regularly (at least 2x/month) providing coaching and training to the Club TK2 Lead
- Serve as their first point of contact for the Generations communication, questions, time off and issues that might arise.
Staffing & Scheduling
- Ensure all Little Ones rooms are open and well-staffed each weekend
- Move volunteers around when necessary
- Connect with and support your volunteers
Preparations for Sunday Morning Services
- Update Planning Center with weekend plans at least 3 weeks in advance so Kids Min Admin can effectively prep materials needed
- Ensure rooms are reset following the service and replace supplies as needed
Sunday Morning Services
- Be the face of the Kids Center. Be ready to welcome and assist any new families
- Be the voice of the Kids Center in situations where follow up with parents is needed
- Recruit, train and manage all KidCare Workers
- Schedule all KidCare events
- Designate a Shift Lead for each KidCare event
- Ensure rooms are prepared and cleaned for all KidCare events
- Process timecards for all KidCare workers and distribute checks
- Help plan, prep and work all Kids Ministry Special Events including, but not limited to, holiday services and annual Summer Fun Camp
- Attend all Journey and Generations Team Meetings and Trainings
- Conveys ideas and facts orally and in writing using language the audience will best understand.
- Helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity.
- Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
- Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
- Builds and maintains guest/customer satisfaction with the services offered by the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education, Training & Experience
- Three (3) years of experience in Preschool or Children’s ministry leadership
- Able to equip volunteer leaders to share God’s love and stories on an age-appropriate level
- Knowledge and understanding of early childhood development and its application to each age group
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Expectations and Abilities
- Knowledge of Centered-Set and its application for how we do church
- Communication, organizational skills, time management, leadership, initiative, attention to detail and flexibility core competencies.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and exercise a sense of urgency.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Ability to discern and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Demonstrate skills and techniques to recognize problems and find solutions that uphold values of excellence and loving people first.
- Maintains positive and professional relationships with community partners/vendors/volunteers.
This position takes place in a traditional office environment as well as in our Kids Center and the grounds around the Journey campus.
Journey Community Church
8363 Center Dr. Ste 6C
October 29, 2018