Position: Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries
Est. Start Date: July 1, 2019
Hilldale UMC, in Clarksville, TN, is on a mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ to transform the world.
We are seeking a creative and energetic person with a heart for Jesus, youth, young adults, & families. Our youth ministry is passionate about finding a strategic and visionary leader who will help us continue to build a vibrant and sustainable ministry.
We expect this position to thrive on a large church staff that loves working together and supporting each other in ministry. If you believe you are the person to help this ministry thrive within a supportive and nonrestrictive church culture, then keep reading…
- In love with Jesus and have a history of sharing that love with others.
- Responding to a call toward youth and family ministry.
- Aware of your strengths and adept at recruiting to offset your weaknesses.
- Experienced in developing adults & students to assume leadership roles.
- Accomplished at program development.
- A hard-working self-starter who thrives on relational team work.
- Able to nurture your own spiritual development while discipling others.
- Committed to the theology of the United Methodist Church.
- Ready to make an impact in the lives of youth, young adults, & families!
You will be…
- Responsible for leading a relational model of youth ministry while working to grow young adult ministry in our church.
- Setting & achieving tangible goals in direction with the ministry’s vision.
- Building, leading, and working closely with a Ministry Council that aids in oversight and planning.
- Developing and implementing curriculums in unity with the ministry’s vision.
- Planning and communicating well with other staff, laity, and ministry areas.
- Recruiting, training, and leading adult and student leaders.
- Providing consistent opportunities for the spiritual growth of adult leaders & students.
- Enthusiastically celebrating “wins” to students, parents, the congregation, and the community.
- Providing support and pastoral care to youth, young adults, & families.
- Overseeing the financial aspects of the ministry with the Ministry Council.
- Reporting to and working closely with the Lead Pastor while collaborating on a team-driven staff that cares for and supports each other.
If you think you could be the right person for the job, send us your résumé and convince us too!
Full Job Description: bit.ly/humcjobs
Salary Range: $38,000 – $45,000,
Commensurate with experience, education, and organizational fit.
Send Résumé to:
Stephen Sauls, Senior Pastor
1751 Madison Street
Clarksville, TN 37043
United Methodist Church
Clarksville, TN (Near Nashville)
May 6, 2019