Ministry Position Description: Full Time Director of Youth Ministry & Worship
The Branches is a growing eight year old church doing ministry in innovative ways in Hendricks County. We meet in the Plainfield Recreation and Aquatic Center where we set up and tear down every Sunday. Our hope and mission is to help people far from God encounter the love of Jesus. The Director of Youth Ministry & Worship of The Branches will be an essential part of the ministry team. Your call into ministry is a vital part of making this mission happen.
- Director of Youth Ministry:
- Cultivate a culture that supports the mission (To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world) and vision (To create welcoming environments where all can connect to God, grow in Christ and love others) of The Branches.
- Create discipleship pathways for our high school/middle school ministry. Having youth grow in their understanding of who God is and how to have a deep relationship with Jesus.
- The youth program should include fellowship activities, service opportunities, spiritual development and outreach.
- Attend summer camp for middle school and high school, along with retreats for both groups, which are significant faith building experiences.
- Maintain high visibility in the community and offer support through attending and encouraging youth in their personal interests (sporting events, plays, concerts, etc)
- Invest in leadership development on a teen level as well as an adult level. Leaders should reflect diversity of interests.
- Work with the adult volunteers in developing and implementing the youth program.
- Effectively and appropriately communicate on every level about the youth program and upcoming activities. This includes, but is not limited to, youth, their parents, volunteers, staff and the church as a whole.
- Maintain appropriate personal boundaries.
- Maintain appropriate level of confidentiality when interacting with youth and adults.
- Worship Director:
- Responsible for the music program of the church.
- Duties include planning worship services with a focus on music selection and leading the band.
- Works closely with other pastoral staff in planning of worship services, church events or concerts.
- Responsible for supervising Worship set-up & tear-down Volunteer Leader and Sound and Lighting volunteers.
- Responsible to lead and direct all worship and praise segments during worship services.
- Recruits, coordinates and directs a team of volunteers for music and performing arts and technical support.
- Organizes band practice.
- Maintain communication (electronic, social media, email, oral and snail mail) with youth, parents, volunteers and congregation at large.
- Develop and maintain a system for health, release and safety records for youth participants and volunteers.
- Manage youth/worship budget and expenditures.
- Maintain and update contact information on the church database.
- Attend staff meetings.
- The person in this position will report to the senior pastor.
- A Call into ministry.
- Degree in Youth Ministry or related field (equivalent experience with proven track record is also acceptable)
- Has led or assisted in a youth group of 25+ members
- Has led or assisted in worship in a church setting.
- Experience or ability to start and lead new ministries.
- Relational skills, able to communicate with individuals as well as large groups
- Awareness and understanding of age appropriate and adolescent/youth development
- Deal effectively with conflict
- Team player and team leader
- Self-starter and self-motivator
- Use other personal gifts and skills to support the church’s overall ministry as needed.
- Applicants must have availability during Sunday morning worship services and Sunday evening youth group activities. Weekend and weeknight commitments are common throughout the year.
This is a full-time salaried position (salary is dependent on the successful candidate’s experience, education and skills).
- Health insurance stipend provided, but not health insurance
- Professional expenses
- Vacation/paid holidays
- Gym membership
Desired start date is November 1, 2021
Please submit a resume, along with 3 references (1 Personal, 1 Professional, & 1 Pastoral) to Pastor Alex Hershey email@example.com . Questions may be sent to the same email or call the church office (317-376-9789) and talk to Pastor Alex Hershey.
The Branches Community Church
United Methodist Church
PO Box 875 Plainfield IN 46168
October 7, 2021