DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY AND CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP
The Director of Youth Ministry and Contemporary Worship will oversee the middle school (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12) youth ministry and supporting elements of the contemporary worship service for the life of the Monticello United Methodist Church (MUMC).
As a member of the church staff ministry team. He/she will:
- Be a team player, responding to the Senior Pastor as the head of that team.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Be supportive of the ministries of the church.
- Support the doctrine and teaching of the United Methodist Church.
- Participate in church staff meetings as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- Contribute to calendar planning during staff meetings.
This is a full time/salaried position, working a minimum of 40 hours per week. This position reports to the Senior Pastor.
The Monticello United Methodist Church is located at 200 S. Main St, Monticello, IN, 47960. Office space is provided for this position within the church. Additional information about MUMC is available on the church website: monticelloumchurch.org
- Passionate about youth ministry and connecting with youth.
- Degree in Youth Ministry or related field (equivalent experience with proven track record is also acceptable)
- Has led or assisted in a youth group of 30+ members
- Relational skills, able to communicate with individuals as well as large groups
- Awareness and understanding of age appropriate and adolescent/youth development
- Deal effectively with conflict
- Knowledge and support of basic United Methodist beliefs and practices
- Team player and team leader
- Self-starter and self-motivator
- Use other personal gifts and skills to support the church’s overall ministry as needed.
- Knowledge of music and contemporary worship
- Organization and event coordination
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to lead a team of volunteer adult and teen leaders
- Youth Ministry
- Cultivate a culture that supports the mission (To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world) and vision (To create welcoming environments where all can connect to God, grow in Christ and love one another) of MUMC.
- Enhance the existing high school/middle school ministry. Effective is defined as having an expanding number of youth participating at all age levels and that spiritual growth and development is nurtured. The comprehensive program should include fellowship activities, service opportunities, spiritual development and outreach. Summer camp for middle school and senior high, along with retreats for both groups, are significant faith building experiences.
- Maintain a high visibility in the community and offer support through attending and encouraging youth in their personal interests (sporting events, plays, concerts, etc.)
- Invest in leadership development on a teen level as well as an adult level. Leaders should reflect diversity of interests.
- Work with the L.I.F.E. Guards (adult volunteers) in developing and implementing the youth program.
- Effectively and appropriately communicate on every level about the youth program and upcoming activities. This includes, but is not limited to, youth, their parents, L.I.F.E. Guards, staff and the church as a whole.
- Practice safe sanctuary guidelines (appropriate personal boundaries).
- Maintain appropriate level of confidentiality when interacting with youth and adult.
- Contemporary Worship (the Current)
- Leads the Current service, as a producer and/or a musician/singer on stage
- Chooses songs and is involved in creative development of worship services
- Schedules and rehearses the band for contemporary service
- Coordinates, schedules, and trains the entire worship arts team for Sunday mornings: Pro (for Classic and Current services), sound, camera at the Current, producer, band, vocals, hosting, scripture readers, chair set-up, and any other elements used in worship on a given Sunday
- Plans creative elements in the service like spoken word, dramas, painting, dance or video.
- Leads worship at off-site events (e.g. Church Family Getaway, baptism)
- Runs sound for church-related special events (non-church events would be on a fee for service basis)
- Walks through and trains on use of equipment with people using space
- Manages repairs of broken equipment and equipment that needs replacing for Current service
- Other responsibilities as necessary
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- The successful candidate for this position will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include a health care stipend, vacation days, paid holidays, and professional expenses.
Submit resume to bbeeks@MonticelloUMChurch.org or Attention: Brian Beeks, P.O. Box 87, Monticello IN 47960
Monticello United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
P.O. Box 87, 200 South Main Street, Monticello IN 47960
March 20, 2021